Livewire Forums banner

HD LiveWire Colors: Orange, Yellow or Black?

• Orange Fuse

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Yellow Fuse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vivid Black

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Orange.

Its not a color that's easily found on other bikes. I haven't seen anything similar offered elsewhere.
However I do wish there was a dark blue, something navy-like with metallic flakes.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think Harley will eventually release a version with more color going on? I would prefer a full body color livewire using Orange Fuse.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Zero already beat them to the race in launching an electric motorcycle. With all this hesitation i'm having my doubts.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Zero already beat them to the race in launching an electric motorcycle. With all this hesitation i'm having my doubts.
Not exactly. Zero is selling sport naked electric bikes, Harley is to an extent but its more of a hybrid between a sport naked and cruiser.
Plus, the market is so new that Harley's longer timeline to launch won't harm their bottom line.
People will actually wait for this... people that really want an HD.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The Livewire concept was originally in black and Harley choosing to have it in black might be for good reason. Actual colors like Orange and Yellow are likely to attract first time Harley buyers and even first time Harley style bikes.

Concept:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any possibility of red?
I come from a history of Ducati's and as you know red is big with them. It can work here too as another option.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Any possibility of red?
I come from a history of Ducati's and as you know red is big with them. It can work here too as another option.
If it happens, waiting 6 months to a year from initial launch is the earliest possible date I assume. Orange isn't too bad IMO.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm thinking there might be a market for customized Livewire's that can factor in improved tuning and aesthetics. That's where a more attractive LW might be had.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just came across this BMW electric bike concept with a color scheme I haven't seen on any BMW's.
Harley should experiment more with whats the easiest part of R&D... colors...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Order placed this morning, awaiting for an orange one sometime in September!
Awesome!
How big of a deposit did they require?
Do you have access to any special HD portal or was it all just some email exchange?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Actually that color scheme is popular across BMW's motorcycle line up (minus blue), it just looks different due to the concepts design.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Basic black

Not a big fan of the orange or yellowy green colors. Blue would be nice like the adventure guys got. I ordered black.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts