Livewire Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This video was released with info on the Harley Davidson Livewire. It's short but offers us a listen to the Livewire zooming by with its electric motor. Its not quite the same as a petrol powered Harley driving by, but the sound it makes is still pretty darn cool. Well worth the watch. It basically sounds like an airplane speeding past you.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the sound of this engine seem like it will be acceptable to Harley purists? I think there are some who will never be convinced of an electric engine, but for those who are open to it, do you think this engine is aggressive sounding enough?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is weird not hearing the engine so much while riding. I wonder if the ride is also smoother. Does the electric engine still vibrate as much as a petrol engine?

·
Registered
171 Posts
well it depends. V4s and I4's are EXTEMELY smooth, V Twins and singles will try to vibe your hands off and triples are a happy medium. But your hands will probably like an electric more...

·
Registered
233 Posts
well it depends. V4s and I4's are EXTEMELY smooth, V Twins and singles will try to vibe your hands off and triples are a happy medium. But your hands will probably like an electric more...
that's one thing i think people will like especially with long distance riding, it will be much easier.

·
Registered
233 Posts
after seeing the video's i have seen of it online, i think it should be entertaining enough, the whine it has in the video's sound decent enough.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I wonder if the whine will get on the nerves after prolonged riding, oh wait, no range ;) Kidding, but seriously I wonder how people will deal with the sound. Its not like ICE where the sound is constantly modulating as you decel, accel, change gears etc...

·
Registered
102 Posts
I am curious if they will improve the sound by the time the Livewire hits market. Companies already use engine sound amplifiers so it seems like another time when it could be useful.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I am curious if they will improve the sound by the time the Livewire hits market. Companies already use engine sound amplifiers so it seems like another time when it could be useful.
good chance of that, they haven't even green lighted this as yet so it definitely isn't going to happen for a while to come. hopefully from now till then something good on that end happens.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You guys would be okay with that?

There are two ways they can go. One is enhancing it and beefing up the sound, or they can just embrace that electric bikes are quiet bikes.

Since its Harley I would think that they will tend towards the former.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I wouldn't mind waiting as long as what we get is a bike that is worthy enough of having the Harley badge along with meeting what most of the public wants, but of course with this those expectations will happen to some extent as it isn't your typical harley.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm sure Harley's first priority when making a bike is to make sure that it is worthy of the HD badge. They are doing an entire demo tour to get feedback so I'd say that is playing into this.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts