Ha...I should revise my comment questioning the need to lift....I have a flat rear tire
Here’s my take after 4 months and 3,000 miles. This is a sport bike, first and foremost. I have had 2 software updates so far, and there is a recall for another one. No big deal to me. I think prices are firm at msrp. This bike is not for everyone, but I love mine. I mostly ride 80 miles on average, and charge overnight in my garage on 110 volt Level 1. The Livewire has set an Iron Butt record of 1,070 miles on public roads. A Livewire has been ridden from Tampa to Sturgis, and won a drag rave there. @jessedalba. The Livewire has been ridden by @dcar70 from the Mexican border to the Canadian border on I-5. No engine heat, 30-80 mph is the useful part of the quick acceleration for passing on a two lane. I never use NAV, Music, or cruise control. You ride this bike fast and at your limit. No time for cruising, entertainment, or being lost. Electric is the future, test ride it today. Also, this is not my first Harley and it’s not my only Harley.I am considering trading my Road Glide in on a LiveWire (I am a Tesla owner and all in on electric) but it has been hard to find answers to questions I have. Any help would be appreciated..
I live in Indy and Level 3 charging options are limited. I am comparing this to a Zero SRS. The Zero is better ‘on paper’ in almost every aspect (level 2 charging, on bike storage, hp, torque, etc). But that LiveWire was frikn awesome to ride and I think it looks better. Can’t get it out of my head
- Can you limit the charge of the battery? For example, can you limit the charge to 90% so you are not charging the battery to 100% all the time? I have learned from Tesla that battery degradation is hurt when you constantly charge to 100% of the battery capacity.
- Can you modify the bike settings from the HD App or is it ’read only’? Do all settings have to be made on the bike itself?
- I see the bike as navigation, I assume it gets its info from the phone HD App Navigation and cannot use Apple or Google Maps?
- Do the music controls work thru Apple Music (or other music service) or is this somehow read thru the HD App too?
- Can you update the firmware yourself or do you have to take it to Harley?
- Has Harley made any substantial updates to the firmware since its been released?
- Were you able to negotiate on price?
- Any credible rumors spreading around on the 2021 model?
Any help answering my questions would be really appreciated!