Livewire Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Anyone know if you can use a Motorcycle Lift on a Livewire? I am thinking about getting JS Jacks lift for my Road Glide and was wondering if this would work for a Livewire too.

Link to JS Jacks lift

·
Registered
42 Posts
I dont think that it would work...or more accurately I dont know the lift points. Why would you need to lift?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I’ve decided to keep my current bike and get a LiveWire as a second . I’ll have to wait until the 2021 models come out (fingers crossed for Level 2 charging). Until then I saving my pennies. I assume 2021 models won’t be announced until January. I’m hopeful that the tax credit is still in effect.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think you will be happiest with that decision - keeping your RG and adding a LW. That is the best HD combo I can imagine. As for L2 charging, I get you concern...just has not materialized for me. My other bikes are feeling neglected

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Uh oh...let me know if you end up using a lift of some sort. Hope you get back on the road soon!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I can't find the leak source, and it is apparently slow. I filled up and took it for a short ride last night (<5 mile). after the ride was showing ~ 1 psi higher (as expected from heating up), then this morning after about 14 hours the pressure was down to about 33. I ordered Ride on, so i am going to try that instead of dropping hundreds to replace the tire

·
Registered
42 Posts
Found the leak - little soapy water does the trick. it was a small metal nail right dead center. I decided to put in a stop and go plug (super easy and will be carrying these on all my bikes) and so far appears to be holding well.

The kit said to not use with a steel belted tire...anybody know if these tires are steel belted? I could not find info anywhere about the Michelin Scorcher Sport that is used with regard to construction. I plan to ride with the plug as long as possible.

·
Registered
47 Posts
When you put the plug in, you would of notice if it had steel in it. As long as it is holding, donot worry about it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am considering trading my Road Glide in on a LiveWire (I am a Tesla owner and all in on electric) but it has been hard to find answers to questions I have. Any help would be appreciated..

• Can you limit the charge of the battery? For example, can you limit the charge to 90% so you are not charging the battery to 100% all the time? I have learned from Tesla that battery degradation is hurt when you constantly charge to 100% of the battery capacity.
  • Can you modify the bike settings from the HD App or is it ’read only’? Do all settings have to be made on the bike itself?
  • I see the bike as navigation, I assume it gets its info from the phone HD App Navigation and cannot use Apple or Google Maps?
  • Do the music controls work thru Apple Music (or other music service) or is this somehow read thru the HD App too?
  • Can you update the firmware yourself or do you have to take it to Harley?
  • Has Harley made any substantial updates to the firmware since its been released?
  • Were you able to negotiate on price?
  • Any credible rumors spreading around on the 2021 model?
I live in Indy and Level 3 charging options are limited. I am comparing this to a Zero SRS. The Zero is better ‘on paper’ in almost every aspect (level 2 charging, on bike storage, hp, torque, etc). But that LiveWire was frikn awesome to ride and I think it looks better. Can’t get it out of my head :)

Any help answering my questions would be really appreciated!
Here’s my take after 4 months and 3,000 miles. This is a sport bike, first and foremost. I have had 2 software updates so far, and there is a recall for another one. No big deal to me. I think prices are firm at msrp. This bike is not for everyone, but I love mine. I mostly ride 80 miles on average, and charge overnight in my garage on 110 volt Level 1. The Livewire has set an Iron Butt record of 1,070 miles on public roads. A Livewire has been ridden from Tampa to Sturgis, and won a drag rave there. @jessedalba. The Livewire has been ridden by @dcar70 from the Mexican border to the Canadian border on I-5. No engine heat, 30-80 mph is the useful part of the quick acceleration for passing on a two lane. I never use NAV, Music, or cruise control. You ride this bike fast and at your limit. No time for cruising, entertainment, or being lost. Electric is the future, test ride it today. Also, this is not my first Harley and it’s not my only Harley.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts