Livewire Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Anyone know if you can use a Motorcycle Lift on a Livewire? I am thinking about getting JS Jacks lift for my Road Glide and was wondering if this would work for a Livewire too.

Link to JS Jacks lift

·
Registered
38 Posts
I dont think that it would work...or more accurately I dont know the lift points. Why would you need to lift?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I’ve decided to keep my current bike and get a LiveWire as a second . I’ll have to wait until the 2021 models come out (fingers crossed for Level 2 charging). Until then I saving my pennies. I assume 2021 models won’t be announced until January. I’m hopeful that the tax credit is still in effect.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think you will be happiest with that decision - keeping your RG and adding a LW. That is the best HD combo I can imagine. As for L2 charging, I get you concern...just has not materialized for me. My other bikes are feeling neglected

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Uh oh...let me know if you end up using a lift of some sort. Hope you get back on the road soon!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I can't find the leak source, and it is apparently slow. I filled up and took it for a short ride last night (<5 mile). after the ride was showing ~ 1 psi higher (as expected from heating up), then this morning after about 14 hours the pressure was down to about 33. I ordered Ride on, so i am going to try that instead of dropping hundreds to replace the tire

·
Registered
38 Posts
Found the leak - little soapy water does the trick. it was a small metal nail right dead center. I decided to put in a stop and go plug (super easy and will be carrying these on all my bikes) and so far appears to be holding well.

The kit said to not use with a steel belted tire...anybody know if these tires are steel belted? I could not find info anywhere about the Michelin Scorcher Sport that is used with regard to construction. I plan to ride with the plug as long as possible.

·
Registered
37 Posts
When you put the plug in, you would of notice if it had steel in it. As long as it is holding, donot worry about it.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts