Livewire Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2022, Liquid Black
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My LW is on its way to me, and to get ahead of the curve I am enjoying reading this forum!

Thanks to everyone for sharing knowledge about the LW. I'm looking forward to my bike arriving and getting out on the road with it.

P

·
Registered
2022 Liquid Black LiveWire One
31 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to team liquid black!

I had issues connecting to livewire connect as well, seems like a common issue. I tried various solutions but it would always time out. I just kept calling the support number until they figured it out, pushed an app update, and magically it activated. If it means anything, I didn't notice any benefit from activating other than being able to track and plan rides in the app. But Google is just as good for navigating.

Let us know what upgrades you spring for and how you like them! And keep an eye on your belt, I checked mine after someone else mentioned theirs fraying and after just 750 miles I'm seeing mine start to fray.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice! Welcome to the group. Hope us folks in VA can get a meetup going. Activation took a while for me as well. Just ride around a bit and it should complete. Also, if you want your BT connection to always work. Make sure the LW app is running before turning on the bike. Prior to this the H-D was used to establish a connection. Not sure if this is still true after the app updates.

·
Registered
2022, Liquid Black
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I'm starting to tweak the bike.

I pulled off the rear fender and monster bracket for the license plate, and replaced with an LED tail tidy.

And, I swapped the mirrors with the Rizoma for HD mirrors. They may be a little wider, but also I like their look. I don't have any problem with the stock mirrors though. I'm 200lbs and broad-shouldered, and all it takes me, is dropping a forearm or shifting my weight slightly, to see to the rear just fine. On the other hand, if it is behind me, I'm not worried about it! 😉
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Fuel tank

·
Registered
2022, Liquid Black
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I'll get a couple more snaps later, but the tail tidy is by Radiantz. Plug and play.

No, the new setup does not have nearly the light of the stock lighting - but it does have good bright tail, brake and turn signals. It works for me. And the Radiantz people are friendly and have good support.

Ed: Oh, and the bracket for the end of the belt guard is from Shift Koncepts. It hasn't arrived yet, so it is not installed. But the guard is stiff enough that I'll ride a bit without the end brace.

·
Premium Member
2020, Blue
54 Posts
NOVA LiveWire riders meetup?

Could do Bikes and Breakfast this Sunday (19 June) in Poolesville, MDhttps://www.bikesandbreakfast.com/gatherings or wherever is convenient. Most weekends I take my blue LW out to Haymarket to charge at Walmart, up 211 and either down the other side and up to Front Royal or Skyline to Front Royal and charge at the Chevy dealer in Front Royal and have lunch at Spelunkers. Longest one day ride so far has been about 310 miles.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
2022, Liquid Black
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice!

I like that blue!

Unfortunately, this weekend, and the next few, are out for me. I have some family things already planned. But the Bikes and Breakfast stop is something I've wanted to get to for a while.

·
Registered
2022, Liquid Black
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The Radiantz tail tidy is pretty easy to install. You unplug the rear light harness from the OEM lights, pull the wiring clips from the swingarm, and reroute the harness up to the seat to connect to the wires from the new lights. It all plugs back together.

The tail tidy has a red amber strip that is running,brake, and left/right turn signals. The license plate frame has a plate light. The LEDs are bright enough, although I may swap the plate frame for a Custom Dynamics one with extra turn and brake lighting, in the future.

Plant Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive mirror

1 - 20 of 30 Posts