Livewire Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found this forum. I ordered a Livewire in January from HD of Baltimore. I’ve worked for HDMC as a union hourly employee for 24 years and currently work on the small line that builds this incredible ev machine called Livewire. Be patient we are doing our best to get as many out as fast as we can. I’ve been fortunate enough to have ridden this bike twice.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just found this forum. I ordered a Livewire in January from HD of Baltimore. I’ve worked for HDMC as a union hourly employee for 24 years and currently work on the small line that builds this incredible ev machine called Livewire. Be patient we are doing our best to get as many out as fast as we can. I’ve been fortunate enough to have ridden this bike twice.
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the ordering the Livewire! What specifically do you work on when you're putting together the Livewire?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We build the Livewire on a small line with six people and a team leader. We rotate through all the workstations and assemble the whole thing.

·
Registered
53 Posts
We build the Livewire on a small line with six people and a team leader. We rotate through all the workstations and assemble the whole thing.
That's really cool! This might be a stupid question but, is there a big difference in putting together the LiveWire compared to a regular Harley?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey BananaBob!! Welcome! ;)
CD

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hope everyone enjoys the new Livewire. It was an exciting year working on it riding it on the track at formula e and waiting for it to be built. But unfortunately I got tired of waiting and test rode the zero sr/f. I canceled my order and decided to get the zero. December 13 was the schedule day the ordered Livewire was to be built which actually happened on Monday 16th. I wasn’t even able to be there due to a death in my family. The bike is very different to build but similar after motor,ress and frame are together. Sorry I can’t take pictures at work rules don’t allow. I will be going to the fabrication department in January. I took a job in tank n fender weld area now. Time to move on. I will be watching Harleys electrification of motorcycles from the other end of the building. Not sure I’ll be following this forum much longer. As you could guess I probably won’t be very well thought of riding my zero to the ev chargers in front of the factory. But we have a good many people who ride other brand ice bikes too. I pick up the zero next week and will ride it as much as possible but in Pa. winter weather is closing in fast. Traction control doesn’t work on ice very well. Come on spring !
I

·
Registered
189 Posts
Still keep us posted on the Zero, for all you know some of us might dig Zero insight, possibly to join the Zero camp.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts