Livewire Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum and a new LiveWire as well. I rode home and plugged in the wall charger where it charged for about an hour and a half then popped the GFI breaker? I'm sure I'm not the first so looking for information on how to correct please.
Glen

·
Registered
2020 LiveWire
14 Posts
Best to find an independent circuit, or very lightly used. If that isn’t possible, try unplugging the others while you charge.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Glen. I had a similar issue when I first got the bike home and charged it off an (outside wall-mounted) double plug; when I checked the circuit it was on the same power feed as overhead and desk lighting, a computer and screen, and a TV. When I took the bike to the outside shed (after beefing up the security) and hooked it to a plug linked only to a garage door opener and an overhead 60W bulb, it'll charge all night without problems ever since. Wishing you luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Best to find an independent circuit, or very lightly used. If that isn’t possible, try unplugging the others while you charge.
I have a brand new smart home was hoping it would be ok. The GFI circuit is a 20 amp, gonna see if I can go to a heavier one without any issues. Thank you!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm new to the forum and a new LiveWire as well. I rode home and plugged in the wall charger where it charged for about an hour and a half then popped the GFI breaker? I'm sure I'm not the first so looking for information on how to correct please.
Glen
I bought my LiveWire at the end of November 2020, and I had the same problem. My LiveWire was plug in an individual plug, however the Harley Davidson dealership came to my home to retrieve it. They ran a number of tests and could not figure it out. It does show a code that there was something wrong with the on board charger, but according to them it fixed it self. Also it would not stay bluetooth to my phone. They tried blaming it on my phone, which was a brand new iPhone 12. I admit the iPhone 12 is a piece of crap; but this was not the problem. My TCU was not locating my LiveWire either. So they said they were going to replace my TCU. They have had my LiveWire for about 3 weeks now. I only have put 100 miles on it. When I get it back I'm thinking about selling it, I'm so disappointed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought my LiveWire at the end of November 2020, and I had the same problem. My LiveWire was plug in an individual plug, however the Harley Davidson dealership came to my home to retrieve it. They ran a number of tests and could not figure it out. It does show a code that there was something wrong with the on board charger, but according to them it fixed it self. Also it would not stay bluetooth to my phone. They tried blaming it on my phone, which was a brand new iPhone 12. I admit the iPhone 12 is a piece of crap; but this was not the problem. My TCU was not locating my LiveWire either. So they said they were going to replace my TCU. They have had my LiveWire for about 3 weeks now. I only have put 100 miles on it. When I get it back I'm thinking about selling it, I'm so disappointed.
Sorry your experience is lackluster. I work for HD and decided to purchase this while waiting for the Pan America. I've had 53 bikes and wanted to give the whole EV thing a try. The bike without hesitation is super fast which is fun. The riding position is okay but I wish the risers were about an inch taller and back at least an inch, so the upright position would be a little more comfortable. I just this morning set up my suspension in hopes of softening it up some since factory set up seemed very hard. I'm disappointed that HD discontinued the HD-Connect as this feature is part of what you get nowadays even buying an economy car, I had hopes of them relaunching the application but nothing yet. I know that HD is committed to the LiveWires existence and I think there will be a relaunch at some point as I'm sure they have been listening to the public and forum feedback. I'm committed to the brand and enjoying my LiveWire so I'll stay the course, positive vibes to you so yours gets sorted out.
G.
Florence Arizona

·
Registered
7 Posts
HD-Connect is still up and running here in Michigan. The service person at HD dealership said that it was discontinued for all the other motorcycles but not the LiveWire.

·
Registered
284 Posts
HD-Connect is still up and running here in Michigan. The service person at HD dealership said that it was discontinued for all the other motorcycles but not the LiveWire.
Only on Livewire until 2023. My guess it will be dropped then. I don't expect any updates in the meantime either.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Only on Livewire until 2023. My guess it will be dropped then. I don't expect any updates in the meantime either.
I'm up online with it now! Thanks. The guys at my dealer didn't even know the LiveWire was still good to go.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Glen
Had same issue and had an electrician run a dedicated circuit (amazed at how they were able to fish the lines through the walls from one end of my house to the other end with barely any holes). No more tripping the GFI.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts