Livewire Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
does anybody here know how many Livewires have been built?
Can I imagine it from the frame Number? Mine starts with an 80 following 4 more digits.
Could it be that this four digits show me that mine is the ~1100 bike that has been built?
What do you think?
Kind regards
Matt

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hello,
Can I imagine it from the frame Number? Mine starts with an 80 following 4 more digits.
Could it be that this four digits show me that mine is the ~1100 bike that has been built?
What do you think?
Kind regards
Matt
Hi Matt

Its kind of hard to say but we do know ....

The 1st 500 bikes sold where called 1st Strike Bikes and they had a special plaque and emblem that HD provided to their registered owners. Those bikes where pretty much sold by late 2020. After that its har to say VIN numbers on the bikes give you a sequential number in the production line but no sales figures.

Since LiveWire branched off in June 2021 we know they have sold 381 bikes in all of 2021 both LW and HD branded.
To see where I go the 381 look the invetor presentatio where they break out curent sales and projections

So my best guess (WAG = wild ass guess) would be less then 1500 total bikes sold (dealer inveotry and customers) from Sept 2019 to Date.

Now keep in mind HD made their orginal LiveWire dealer take 3 bikes in stock for sale.

Hope my funny math helps!

Diego

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi Diego,
Yes this helps! Thank You so much for explaining. Maybe one day H-D will let us know how many Livewires they built.

By the way …I saw a Video from you installing a park brake. Is this an expensive part? I guess one day I will need one.
kind regards
Matt.
p.s. Is your livewire repainted or was it available in red color in the States?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi Diego,
Yes this helps! Thank You so much for explaining. Maybe one day H-D will let us know how many Livewires they built.

By the way …I saw a Video from you installing a park brake. Is this an expensive part? I guess one day I will need one.
kind regards
Matt.
Hey Matt!

I doubt they will anounce to the public how many wires are out there, they do say they are the top selling electric motorcycle at the moment.

No, Harley-Davidson likely won't cancel the LiveWire, the #1 selling US electric motorcycle

Yeah the bullet brake is worth it specially if you have a steep driveway it can also deter a theft since the bike is brake locked.
As for the red when I got the bike I found a Chromatic Blood red wrap film and had it put on the bike. I custom printer parts and emblems.

I retired those colors last june and my bike now is 2 tone black and white with LiveWire logos.

Bicycle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle handlebar

Cheers!

Diego

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Diego!
looks great!!! I love the Livewire one Design. At first I wanted to buy that one but its not available in Germany and no one knows when it is.
What is that part with the red circle on?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi Diego!
looks great!!! I love the Livewire one Design. At first I wanted to buy that one but its not available in Germany and no one knows when it is.
What is that part with the red circle on?
Ahhh thats a realtime wireless TMPS and TEMP tire sensors that I installed on the bike.
As you know I do some long range riding and this is an essential piece of data that I need.
We sell it in the LiveWire Riders facebook page its in the shop secion.

·
Registered
41 Posts
On a side note, I stopped by Rommel H-D in Smyrna, DE a couple weeks ago. They have the 2021 LiveWire, but still have three 2020 bikes available, one of them with a First Strike badge.
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive design Hood

·
Registered
102 Posts
On a side note, I stopped by Rommel H-D in Smyrna, DE a couple weeks ago. They have the 2021 LiveWire, but still have three 2020 bikes available, one of them with a First Strike badge.
View attachment 830
From what I know FS bikes where bike that where sold (not produced) the first 500 bikes sold to customers.

My 1st FS bike is at a dealership in So Cal it is FS 042//500 and now being sold as used. My second FS bike is with me and racking up miles :).

Unless this bike is a used one or the dealer took it uponthemselves to register it as a sale to get the emblems may be ther reason why it has the badge and certificate.

I do want to say in my opinion 10-15 yrs from now those bikes may become collectors items.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
From what I know FS bikes where bike that where sold (not produced) the first 500 bikes sold to customers.

My 1st FS bike is at a dealership in So Cal it is FS 042//500 and now being sold as used. My second FS bike is with me and racking up miles :).

Unless this bike is a used one or the dealer took it uponthemselves to register it as a sale to get the emblems may be ther reason why it has the badge and certificate.

I do want to say in my opinion 10-15 yrs from now those bikes may become collectors items.
Hi Diego,
I guess you are right. I guess they will be collectors items. But maybe only the „First Strike“ ones? And if they are all collectors items one day… will we get that bunch of money back or only a small amount? What will happen after ten years when the battery is trash … we all will have to spend more than 10k of dollars or euros to get a new or refurbished one … plus costs for installing it. And be sure …If we all want to have guarantee for the new battery we wont be allowed to install it by ourselves. By the way .. does anybody knows how much a RESS costs if we need one? What do you think?
But thats all a matter of the price tag 😊

Kind regards
Matt

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
View attachment 830
Hi Bob!
so we can see. …the extremly rare First Stike models have problems to be sold. Same here in Germany …they all think its too expensive … but nobody cares about the great craftmansship Harley-Davidson does

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi Diego,
I guess you are right. I guess they will be collectors items. But maybe only the „First Strike“ ones? And if they are all collectors items one day… will we get that bunch of money back or only a small amount? What will happen after ten years when the battery is trash … we all will have to spend more than 10k of dollars to get a new or refurbished one … plus costs for installing it.
Here in germany I have to say nope. Everyone loves it but also everyone thinks its too expensive.
What do you think?
Kind regards
Matt
As time goes by I would say that economies of scale will kick in. This means more production of batteries world wide, more manufacruers, more options and this should bring prices down.

As for the batteries and their durability. The livewire is running samsung SDI batteries in a nice tight package. We hope that those SDI 18650 which are used in older teslas (Panasonic 18650) which I have one seem to be durable, I have seen a loss of 10% in my 9yr old tesla. Now this is no guarantee. But what I want to say is that we maybe able to replace those batteries in the future for a reasonable price.

Cheers
- Diego

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi Diego,

kind regards
Matt.
Hi Matt,

The parking brake is nice! A simple soluton is to use a strip of velcro and it will also achieve the same result.

As for my bike I wrapped it with chromatic blood red film.

Diego

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hello,
What do you think?
Kind regards
Matt
My question is do the last three number match those with the First Strike emblem (?), meaning do First Strike owners VIN's end ...0 _ _ _ , where the blanks are the first strike number? Otherwise, estimates I've heard from the various dealers I've dealt with is around 3,000-4,000 models made before changing to the Livewire emblem. HD is keeping that number quiet.

·
Registered
102 Posts
No the FS number do not match the vins as a matter of fact LiveWire 001//500 which is sitting at the HD Museum at the Priced Bike Vault last 5 digits of its vin are 00109

Camera accessory Automotive design Cameras & optics Carbon Camera lens

·
Registered
182 Posts
I chased this production number down when in Florida through the dealerships where the most were sold in the USA (CA and TX were the others in the top 3 states in USA sales)*. No one seems to know but HD.

As for Cape Cod, MA, no one even knows what it is, much less how many were made. ...Correction, one guy on a Harley ICE last summer stopped to talk with me about it at the Sagamore Bridge.

*Based on conversations with Harley Dealership Owners and Managers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts