Livewire Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
does anybody here know how many Livewires have been built?
Can I imagine it from the frame Number? Mine starts with an 80 following 4 more digits.
Could it be that this four digits show me that mine is the ~1100 bike that has been built?
What do you think?
Kind regards
Matt

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hello,
does anybody here know how many Livewires have been built?
Can I imagine it from the frame Number? Mine starts with an 80 following 4 more digits.
Could it be that this four digits show me that mine is the ~1100 bike that has been built?
What do you think?
Kind regards
Matt
Hi Matt

Its kind of hard to say but we do know ....

The 1st 500 bikes sold where called 1st Strike Bikes and they had a special plaque and emblem that HD provided to their registered owners. Those bikes where pretty much sold by late 2020. After that its har to say VIN numbers on the bikes give you a sequential number in the production line but no sales figures.

Since LiveWire branched off in June 2021 we know they have sold 381 bikes in all of 2021 both LW and HD branded.
To see where I go the 381 look the invetor presentatio where they break out curent sales and projections

So my best guess (WAG = wild ass guess) would be less then 1500 total bikes sold (dealer inveotry and customers) from Sept 2019 to Date.

Now keep in mind HD made their orginal LiveWire dealer take 3 bikes in stock for sale.

Hope my funny math helps!

Diego

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi Diego,
Yes this helps! Thank You so much for explaining. Maybe one day H-D will let us know how many Livewires they built.

By the way …I saw a Video from you installing a park brake. Is this an expensive part? I guess one day I will need one.
kind regards
Matt.
p.s. Is your livewire repainted or was it available in red color in the States?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi Diego,
Yes this helps! Thank You so much for explaining. Maybe one day H-D will let us know how many Livewires they built.

By the way …I saw a Video from you installing a park brake. Is this an expensive part? I guess one day I will need one.
kind regards
Matt.
p.s. Is your livewire repainted or was it available in red color in the States?
Hey Matt!

I doubt they will anounce to the public how many wires are out there, they do say they are the top selling electric motorcycle at the moment.

No, Harley-Davidson likely won't cancel the LiveWire, the #1 selling US electric motorcycle

Yeah the bullet brake is worth it specially if you have a steep driveway it can also deter a theft since the bike is brake locked.
As for the red when I got the bike I found a Chromatic Blood red wrap film and had it put on the bike. I custom printer parts and emblems.

I retired those colors last june and my bike now is 2 tone black and white with LiveWire logos.

Bicycle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle handlebar

Cheers!

Diego

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Diego!
looks great!!! I love the Livewire one Design. At first I wanted to buy that one but its not available in Germany and no one knows when it is.
What is that part with the red circle on?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi Diego!
looks great!!! I love the Livewire one Design. At first I wanted to buy that one but its not available in Germany and no one knows when it is.
What is that part with the red circle on?
Ahhh thats a realtime wireless TMPS and TEMP tire sensors that I installed on the bike.
As you know I do some long range riding and this is an essential piece of data that I need.
We sell it in the LiveWire Riders facebook page its in the shop secion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts