Livewire Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I simply plug its cable into the USB port...? I am not electric-tech savvy and do not want to blow any fuses literally or metaphorically. Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My Garmin Zumo won't work with my LiveWire's USB. It's not a dealbreaker, it is what it is.

·
Registered
284 Posts
My Garmin Zumo won't work with my LiveWire's USB. It's not a dealbreaker, it is what it is.
Could you give a little more information? What's the problem? If it is a USB problem you may just need a mini-USB or micro-USB to USB-C cable. The bikes on "Long Way Up" had Garmin Zumo GPS units.

·
Registered
61 Posts
What I did to have electric grips, electric jacket. I installed a 30amp relay. To trip the relay I hooked up to bottom wire on the headlight. To power the relay I used a 20 amp fused battery tender wire hooked up to the wire you cut to disable power to the bike. Or you could come off the 12 volt battery.

Then you well have 12 volts to power your gps.

you have to use a relay to keep from draining the 12 volt battery.

16,500 miles all is good.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you both. I have a Garmin Zumo 550. I tried to hook it up using a USB cable with the old style (not micro USB) end. The Zumo m/c mount uses a 12V red+black accessory lead so since I don't want to interfere with the electrical system at all while under warranty, I tried the USB cable to plug into the Zumo's car mount (not weatherproof). But, the current supplied from the USB receptacle will not run the GPS. I have asked the dealer if (when the bike goes in for the 1600km service) they can fit a 12V socket, and then I can plug the Zumo or other 12V accessory into it. Will let y'all know how that goes.

·
Registered
61 Posts
For warranty to be denied they have to prove the changes you made caused the problem. Like I said, 16500 miles no problem.

·
Registered
284 Posts
For warranty to be denied they have to prove the changes you made caused the problem. Like I said, 16500 miles no problem.
And you have to prove it did not cause the problem. Still Harley dumb for not having heated gear when Zero and Energica have them as options.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.