Livewire Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had the error message HV Disconnected ?
I had this message come up while riding , the bike didn't stop or seem to go into limp mode and i made it to where i was going.
When i stopped and parked the bike i cycled the ignition on and off a few times and the message remained.
I left the bike for 10 or so minutes and when i turned it on again the error was gone and i parked the bike under cover thinking it was a one off thing.
When i turned the bike on in the morning the error was back.
I am yet to contact the dealer to arrange for the bike to be looked at as it happened on a Sunday and the bike isn't at my house
There weren't any other warnings that i could see.
Light Automotive design Gadget Font Playstation portable

Thanks
Arron

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had that happen once. I pulled over shut down and took the key fob out of my pocket. When i did the restart, it went away, back into the ride mode. Key back in my pocket and off I rode. No further issues. It appeared that the signal from the fob got blocked.

GP

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks gperlow , after reading your reply I tried putting the fob on the cover just behind the charging port and it came up with the PIN number screen.
When I typed in the pin the error was still there.
I powered off the bike and put the fob on the seat , it powered up but still had an error message.
I then swapped the near new battery from my street bob’s fob and same result.
I had charged the 12v battery before doing any of this.
Today I checked the 12v battery and it’s still charged.
The bike was still showing the error and the battery is showing about 70% charge and 0km range.

I cleared the RESS fault , turned off the bike and waited a minute and it powered up and the fault was gone 🙏🏻 and it looks like the bike is good to go.

I did try calling Harley assist and someone from the breakdown service turned up , but the tow vehicle that was arranged to take the bike to the dealer didn’t show up.
When I called them and eventually got through to someone it turns out the tow service canceled the job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts