Livewire Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
I could see a future where all EV's take a rechargeable battery that you can quickly swap out as easily as exchanging a propane tank for your BBQ. Pull into a service station, (or really any corner store that sells them) swap out your low batteries for full and your off on your trip again in no time. Love your youtube content btw.

· Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could see a future where all EV's take a rechargeable battery that you can quickly swap out as easily as exchanging a propane tank for your BBQ. Pull into a service station, (or really any corner store that sells them) swap out your low batteries for full and your off on your trip again in no time. Love your youtube content btw.
Thanks! It would negate the issue of battery degrading over time. I know certain parts of Asia-Pacific have swappable batteries on some scooters. However I think there would have to be some significant improvements in energy/weight distribution for that to happen. Plus, tech moves so quickly these days that I doubt it would be around for much longer. Almost like the 'Red Box' of vehicles - can't see it staying relevant too long considering how rapidly the tech changes. I'd love to be wrong though!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts