Livewire Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Some thing that just locks the rear wheel for parking. I have seen the cut off buttons on the plungers that they sell on the facebook group. But I don't really want to mess with the functionality of the brake system. Just something that quickly could snap into place to lock the rear wheel.

·
Registered
2022, Liquid Black
158 Posts
Why not just use it on the front brake lever as they market it?

Although I'm not sure I'd want to use it for any extended period of time. Maybe a few minures, if I had to make an emergency stop on a hill for a quick repair.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why not just use it on the front brake lever as they market it?

Although I'm not sure I'd want to use it for any extended period of time. Maybe a few minures, if I had to make an emergency stop on a hill for a quick repair.
I suppose if you parked nose down hill maybe. I guess it is pretty much the same either way.

·
Registered
2022, Liquid Black
158 Posts
Totally valid. On your gas bikes did you park them in gear or always neutral? I guess you just don't park there if none of those things are easy to find.
Uh no.

Most people I know park bikes across hills, not in line with them.

And particularly with heavy bikes, one generally parks with the front headed toward downhill, to be able to exit easier.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Huh front down but into a curb or a stop? I had been thinking front up with the back stopped so I can pull away up hill. So you can always start with a downward roll but you have to push up to get clear? I am pretty new to using a bike for transportation so I have a lot to learn. The thing that has been worrying me is parking sideways to the slope how much lean over the side stand is to much. And how much lean up hill isn't enough to make it stable. Clearly over thinking this but previous bikes have been smaller lighter and I lived in a less hilly place. Appreciate your thoughts even if it is a bit of a silly question.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts