Livewire Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
How do I propose a sub topic to put these threads in? Seems like some very specific use case questions.
I for one did purchase mine Livewire for commuting through Atlanta traffic. I have a 50 mile commute to and from work and in my opinion, there is no better vehicle to do it with than an EV motorcycle. I have drastically reduced the use of my Tacoma and my two Italian motorcycles that I used to ride to work on daily. Working a stiff clutch and dealing with Italian superbike heat through traffic in the summer is for the birds....

·
Registered
2022 Livewire Nebula Red
4 Posts
I’ve had my 2022 model for 3 weeks and have used it almost exclusively for commuting (22 miles round trip, all suburban streets). I’m getting about 140-145 miles range per full charge. Mostly riding in Range mode. I’m building up the courage and confidence to take it further on weekends. Have never charged it anywhere else except at home.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I for one did purchase mine Livewire for commuting through Atlanta traffic. I have a 50 mile commute to and from work and in my opinion, there is no better vehicle to do it with than an EV motorcycle. I have drastically reduced the use of my Tacoma and my two Italian motorcycles that I used to ride to work on daily. Working a stiff clutch and dealing with Italian superbike heat through traffic in the summer is for the birds....
I should also add that most of my 50 mile commute is on the highway at 70-80mph. With little traffic in the morning, I will get to work with anywhere from 30-40% charge left and on my commute home with heavy traffic, i have about 50-55% left when leaving with a full charge. This bike on the highway is outstanding. Very stable minus some wind buffeting.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I plan to use mine for commuting. I have either a 15 mile or 40 mile commute depending on where I need to go. The 40 mile is all on high speed highways where traffic is normally running 80+ mph.

Has anyone taken their bike to an airport and left it for a week? Was there any phantom drain on the battery?

·
Registered
34 Posts
My Livewire sat for a couple months in the garage during the last winter and I did not notice any loss. Now I was not really paying attention and looking out for it, but I do not recall noticing a drop, which I think I would have. I do know that the HD Connect service was not active then. I just activated it a few days ago. So like xophere said, with that active, you may notice a phantom drain on the battery.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I do both commuting and touring. My fiancée is 130 miles away, and I ride to see her during the week and weekends when I don't have my kids. When I was in school, I was commuting about 50 miles each day during the semester. When I can ride for fun, it's usually 80-150 miles a day. Recently I completed a 2500 mile tour from Virginia, to the HD Museum in Milwaukee, down to Nashville, then back home to VA 10 days later.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts