Livewire Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having problems getting the iPhone 12 Max to connect via bluetooth? I can't get mine to see discover the bike...UGH!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Looks like it works on other iPhones...just not my 12 Pro Max.
Seems to be a problem with the iPhone. Mine will not connect but my iPad and MacBook Pro connect right away. Call Apple Support and tell them about your problem.If we get a lot of people to call maybe Apple can figure out a solution. Apple support 1-800-275-2273

·
Registered
76 Posts
Same issue. I can get my iPhone (11?) to connect, but it seems to drop off. I don't have a helmet with audio (basic Shoei RF-1200), so less of a concern there. I was hoping to get the navigation working, but so far I have not been able via my iPhone. So I use my Apple Watch when navigating on the bike. With some time off in a few days, I'll try to get on the phone with Apple Support. Thanks for the number, Mike.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have same issue. Livewire bluetooth worked for my iPhone 11 - but will not pair or even be recognized by my new iPhone 12 Pro. I went to HD Dealer - said must be problem with phone. Called HD Customer Support - they said must be an apple problem. I called Apple - never heard of problem and had no solution. We are in no man's land.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there a number for Harley Support (especially the Livewire)? I thought you had to go thru the dealer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is there a number for Harley Support (especially the Livewire)? I thought you had to go thru the dealer.
I just called general support number - told them that Dealer did not know the answer. HD Connect also has folks there that may be able to help - but I have had no luck with the people I talked with ....

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just called general support number - told them that Dealer did not know the answer. HD Connect also has folks there that may be able to help - but I have had no luck with the people I talked with ....
I am chatting with Apple now. I think it is very important that everyone call Apple and Harley to get this fixed.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So my call with Apple ended with "we haven't heard of this issue before". I told them that others have called (didn't seem to make a difference). I will contact my dealer and the mothership on Monday. The good news is that it appears repeatable on iPhone 12 Pro Max phones. Has anyone with this phone actually got it to work? I wonder if the firmware upgrade a couple months ago broke something???

·
Registered
249 Posts
So my call with Apple ended with "we haven't heard of this issue before". I told them that others have called (didn't seem to make a difference). I will contact my dealer and the mothership on Monday. The good news is that it appears repeatable on iPhone 12 Pro Max phones. Has anyone with this phone actually got it to work? I wonder if the firmware upgrade a couple months ago broke something???
Don't call Harley support as they will not be of any help. I've been dealing with this issue since the first day the 12 Pro Max came out. If you all have the time after the Christmas holiday go to your dealer and try to connect to a Livewire on the dealer floor. I did and my 12 Pro connected with the Livewire in the showroom. My dealer called Harley Tech support and since my phone connected with the floor LW they say it is a phone problem. Tech support did say to wait for the 2021 models to come out and there may be a firmware update from Harley then. So in the meantime I've been on the phone with Apple Support and they have moved my problem to next level of support. I should find out more next week.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't call Harley support as they will not be of any help. I've been dealing with this issue since the first day the 12 Pro Max came out. If you all have the time after the Christmas holiday go to your dealer and try to connect to a Livewire on the dealer floor. I did and my 12 Pro connected with the Livewire in the showroom. My dealer called Harley Tech support and since my phone connected with the floor LW they say it is a phone problem. Tech support did say to wait for the 2021 models to come out and there may be a firmware update from Harley then. So in the meantime I've been on the phone with Apple Support and they have moved my problem to next level of support. I should find out more next week.
Did you happen to notice what the firmware version was on the floor model? It would be interesting if the dealer didn't update the firmware on their bike. If indeed the firmware is different that your own bike...that may be the culprit.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Did you happen to notice what the firmware version was on the floor model? It would be interesting if the dealer didn't update the firmware on their bike. If indeed the firmware is different that your own bike...that may be the culprit.
LOL...Just a little laugh since the dealer has only sold one LW since they came out, mine! They had a total of 5 LWs so the one I tested had all the updates that have been done on mine.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL...Just a little laugh since the dealer has only sold one LW since they came out, mine! They had a total of 5 LWs so the one I tested had all the updates that have been done on mine.
There was a new firmware update a few months ago...I'm surprised the dealer updated their bikes. Being able to control music thru the bike is important to me. I hope this gets fixed.

·
Registered
249 Posts
There was a new firmware update a few months ago...I'm surprised the dealer updated their bikes. Being able to control music thru the bike is important to me. I hope this gets fixed.
Even though the LWs are collecting dust in the showroom my dealer does keep them current with the updates.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Quick update here. I just got off the phone with Apple Support, on Christmas Eve night @ 1815PST no less, and we went through with some more troubleshooting steps with no success. They are very interested in the problem since my iPad Pro and MacBook Pro connect with no problem. They took control of my phone and logged all the steps we took. The results will be sent to engineering and be back in touch with me Tuesday or Wednesday. I told them also that I'm not the only person having trouble with this so they want to get to a solution for all of us.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quick update here. I just got off the phone with Apple Support, on Christmas Eve night @ 1815PST no less, and we went through with some more troubleshooting steps with no success. They are very interested in the problem since my iPad Pro and MacBook Pro connect with no problem. They took control of my phone and logged all the steps we took. The results will be sent to engineering and be back in touch with me Tuesday or Wednesday. I told them also that I'm not the only person having trouble with this so they want to get to a solution for all of us.
Nice work!!!!! Appreciate your efforts!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts