Livewire Forums banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Quick update here. I just got off the phone with Apple Support, on Christmas Eve night @ 1815PST no less, and we went through with some more troubleshooting steps with no success. They are very interested in the problem since my iPad Pro and MacBook Pro connect with no problem. They took control of my phone and logged all the steps we took. The results will be sent to engineering and be back in touch with me Tuesday or Wednesday. I told them also that I'm not the only person having trouble with this so they want to get to a solution for all of us.
Any new developments from Apple Support?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I assume there is no fix for this still. Only thing I can think to do is reset the phone to factory settings and try it that way (hate to do this because of the time involved).

·
Registered
14 Posts
First, I'd like to thank others on this forum for posting simple solutions for different issues that would pop up. I just got my LiveWire a week ago, and I've had odd things happen that aren't addressed at all in the owner's manual.
I have an iPhone 12 Pro, and have had problems connecting to the bike for the last week. I don't know if I had the same problems as others on this thread, but I wanted to share my experience anyway. One day, I just could not connect to my iPhone no matter what I did. Later I remembered that buried in the owner's manual, it says to make sure the H-D app is inactive before connecting to an iPhone. Okay, solved that problem.
Next, sometimes it would connect and sometimes it wouldn't. Other times, I tried to connect to HD-DCCC in my iPhone settings, and it was always unsuccessful until I "forgot" the device and started all over. On my LiveWire screen, sometimes it would connect to "Bob's iPhone" and sometimes "iPhone". I would set one or the other as a favorite, and then the problems would start all over again.
Yesterday, I had to start all over once again, but this time I just didn't set a favorite iPhone. I tried starting up the bike three or four times, and it always connected within a minute. One time I had to connect to HD-DCCC in the settings on my iPhone, but it might have just been because I was impatient. Today I got on the bike, and everything connected like it should.
Like I said, I don't know if this is what others here are experiencing, but I wanted to post it for anyone who might have this issue with a new LiveWire. Make sure the H-D app is inactive and don't set a favorite iPhone, and it may work. I did have music playing on my iPhone to see if it would show up on the motorcycle display, maybe that helped too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Also, HD-DCCC appears twice on my iPhone's Bluetooth list when everything is connected correctly. I wonder if this is why two iPhones show up on the LiveWire Bluetooth settings.
The "talk" button on the left hand of the bike is totally useless. If I look at my iPhone when I push the button, it does the same thing as if I swipe down on the screen. It brings up the "search" on the app screen. My personal workaround is pressing the voice command button on my helmet.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
My problem is that when I try and connect my iPhone to the bike, the bike does not show up to connect to. I have several other devices connected to my phone via Bluetooth so it’s a mystery to me why connecting to the Harley doesn’t work.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Very frustrating. What makes it worse is that Apple will say it's a problem with the bike, and H-D will say it's an Apple issue.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Very frustrating. What makes it worse is that Apple will say it's a problem with the bike, and H-D will say it's an Apple issue.
Apple knows very well that it is an iPhone problem. My 12 Pro Max will not connect or even see the LW Bluetooth to connect! My iPad Pro and my MacBook Pro connect instantly to the LW. Had no problem with my old 11 Pro Max connecting. I'm still working with Apple support to come up with a fix.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Mac Mike - Did you get the impression that resetting the iPhone entirely (wiping it clean) would fix the problem? I am getting the impression from an Apple Forum that the problem may have to do with how the iPhone 12 copied settings from your previous iPhone when it was initially setup.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Mac Mike - Did you get the impression that resetting the iPhone entirely (wiping it clean) would fix the problem? I am getting the impression from an Apple Forum that the problem may have to do with how the iPhone 12 copied settings from your previous iPhone when it was initially setup.
Yes, that could be a problem. When I got my 12 I just updated from my last 11 backup to the cloud. Once I saw the 12 would not connect I backed up to my computer. I then just started my 12 as a new phone without loading the backup. It connected to the Livewire no problem. I then went to the computer and loaded my backup and have not connected to the LW since. That is where I left off with Apple support and should hear back from them this coming week.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Yes, that could be a problem. When I got my 12 I just updated from my last 11 backup to the cloud. Once I saw the 12 would not connect I backed up to my computer. I then just started my 12 as a new phone without loading the backup. It connected to the Livewire no problem. I then went to the computer and loaded my backup and have not connected to the LW since. That is where I left off with Apple support and should hear back from them this coming week.
Well...I guess I will wipe my phone and start over. I was hoping this wouldn’t be necessary. Fingers crossed that this works..

·
Registered
282 Posts
Well...I guess I will wipe my phone and start over. I was hoping this wouldn’t be necessary. Fingers crossed that this works..
Let me know how it goes. I'll pass your result to support. Looking at the Apple forums some people are having trouble connecting to any BT devices.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone else having problems getting the iPhone 12 Max to connect via bluetooth? I can't get mine to see discover the bike...UGH!
I have a iPhone 12 and I had problems with my bike connecting, and my the GPS system was not locating the bike either. The dealership finally replaced my TCU and I should be getting my bike back sometime this week. I did go up to the deanship Friday and my phone had no problems connecting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
First, I'd like to thank others on this forum for posting simple solutions for different issues that would pop up. I just got my LiveWire a week ago, and I've had odd things happen that aren't addressed at all in the owner's manual.
I have an iPhone 12 Pro, and have had problems connecting to the bike for the last week. I don't know if I had the same problems as others on this thread, but I wanted to share my experience anyway. One day, I just could not connect to my iPhone no matter what I did. Later I remembered that buried in the owner's manual, it says to make sure the H-D app is inactive before connecting to an iPhone. Okay, solved that problem.
Next, sometimes it would connect and sometimes it wouldn't. Other times, I tried to connect to HD-DCCC in my iPhone settings, and it was always unsuccessful until I "forgot" the device and started all over. On my LiveWire screen, sometimes it would connect to "Bob's iPhone" and sometimes "iPhone". I would set one or the other as a favorite, and then the problems would start all over again.
Yesterday, I had to start all over once again, but this time I just didn't set a favorite iPhone. I tried starting up the bike three or four times, and it always connected within a minute. One time I had to connect to HD-DCCC in the settings on my iPhone, but it might have just been because I was impatient. Today I got on the bike, and everything connected like it should.
Like I said, I don't know if this is what others here are experiencing, but I wanted to post it for anyone who might have this issue with a new LiveWire. Make sure the H-D app is inactive and don't set a favorite iPhone, and it may work. I did have music playing on my iPhone to see if it would show up on the motorcycle display, maybe that helped too.
I think H-D Connect is apart the problem too.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Well...I thought by wiping my phone I solved the problem. Now my iPhone will initially connect to the bike, but as soon as you turn the bike off and on again the phone will not restore connection. Anyone else having this issue? SO FRUSTRATING!

21 - 40 of 58 Posts