Livewire Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am excited about an electric Harley, but I think that some of the people out there will scream bloody murder. Harleys are known for their big burly motors, and I just can't imagine a Harley gang driving around on a bunch of electric motorcycles. Obviously the traditionalists could be upset about this.

On the other hand, it is clear Harley Davidson is trying to expand its customer base, and reach new people who hadn't thought of Harleys or motorcycles before. Will people be down for the Livewire, or is this a case of Harley moving into uncharted territory?

·
Registered
76 Posts
There will be growing pains, but I like that Harley is willing to take this risk. It should pay off nicely for them in the future. Besides many of those traditionalists are going to get pretty old soon, and once they get to a certain age they probably aren't going to buy motorcycles anymore. Youth is where the money is because they get older. You got to get them when they are young.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Livewire is definitely about the future of HD instead of the present. I mean that is why they are showing off this concept before they even think of moving it to production. People shouldn't be too concerned with the Livewire concept, it is all about what HD does with that concept in the future.That is the bike that will be getting a far more critical eye cast on it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I think there's enough people and infrastructure in place for it to get enough sales, especially with what interest seems to be like.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not so sure about the infrastructure. What kind of infrastructure is needed. I'm just thinking about charging stations. I don't see many around in my area.

·
Registered
233 Posts
That's it, charging stations. There are parking lots with charging stations, and if you want to go on a road trip with this, tesla has a lot of them spread out throughout the nation

1 - 6 of 6 Posts