Livewire Forums banner

Just hit 2k miles & still waiting for my 1k service

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  tcypher 
#1 ·
Well, since there’s just one mechanic at my dealership that’s LiveWire certified, I’m now at 2k miles and still waiting for my 1k service.

How worried should I be? I’ve had absolutely zero issues thus far, just not able to get service.

#2 ·
But at wich millage will you plane to have this service ? The main point is the oil change to be sure to remove with the new oil the possible small metal parts coming for the new pignons machining for exemple. The second is software update but done on my LW, no visible change on that for me.

#8 ·
I visited my dealer and talked to them in person. They said the gasket was back-ordered and they were gonna try and find me one, but that they had everything else. I'll check back with them in a week or two as I am not confident they will follow through. Nice guys and all, but they did not give me the impression they really know what to do with the Livewire. @an84trooper arent you in the Denver area?

#11 ·
I would worry. I would stop riding and get the maintenance. I know it sucks but in my opinion you’re giving them a reason to deny any future issues with your bike. It may or may not come back to haunt you. I scheduled my warranty check and when i went l had to cancel because the guy didn't check to make sure they had all the parts to finish the warranty check. So I just stopped ridding. Hope this helps.

#12 ·
Yes. Here in the Denver area. I contacted nearly all of the dealers in a 50-mile radius and just one called me back: Mile High H-D, Aurora told me today that they may be able to snag a gasket from a dealership in another state and will call me back to schedule the service once it arrives. Here’s hoping!

#16 ·
WOOHOO!! A different local dealership was able to order and obtain all of the parts required to perform my 1k service TOMORROW!!! I’m out of pocket for the $500+ service since H-D will honor their service maintenance contract ONLY if you’re within 500-actual miles of the recommended service interval.
I’m right at 2,300 miles so “Missed it by THAT much!”
SO GLAD to get it done so I can get back in the saddle before the snow flies.

#17 ·
WOOHOO!! A different local dealership was able to order and obtain all of the parts required to perform my 1k service TOMORROW!!! I’m out of pocket for the $500+ service since H-D will honor their service maintenance contract ONLY if you’re within 500-actual miles of the recommended service interval.
I’m right at 2,300 miles so “Missed it by THAT much!”
SO GLAD to get it done so I can get back in the saddle before the snow flies.
Awesome and smart that you didn't push it.
Also, NICE to know that's the limit!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.