Livewire Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have set to the manual and it is so much better. I can't believe the let people test ride or take these home with it this. Wondering if people have longer term opinions on the manual settings? Or taken it to a suspension shop for customization?

· Registered
17 Posts
I have set to the manual and it is so much better. I can't believe the let people test ride or take these home with it this. Wondering if people have longer term opinions on the manual settings? Or taken it to a suspension shop for customization?
I an NO suspension expert but I do know that the Showa stuff on our bikes are top notch kit. I am 6,7 290 lbs and I would love to get the suspension set up properly for me.

· Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I am slightly rounder but similar mass. I am mostly happy with stock. I do notice that if there is a lot a texture on the pavement on take off, even at reasonable speeds, the back end can chatter. The fork did fix the dive under load. This made the bike much less scary.

I an NO suspension expert but I do know that the Showa stuff on our bikes are top notch kit. I am 6,7 290 lbs and I would love to get the suspension set up properly for me.

· Registered
2020 H-D LiveWire
76 Posts
I'm 5'8" 245# buck nekkid so I set the front & rear preload to 250# per the owner's manual. Haven't futzed with the rebound or compression damping at all and I'm VERY happy with the results.

BTW, visited the dealer to ask about the rear shock adjustment spanner and the sales manager special ordered one for me FREE (otherwise it's about $15 USD) as a good will gesture! I'd seen in another post that the spanners are included in the owners manual but they weren't in any of the manual kits they had on hand, neither for the ELW nor the LW1. The spanner isn't anything special but it's LOTS better than trying with a screwdriver and a mallet!

· Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bike mechanic felt it and thought the stock setting was a bit too fast maybe. So I turned it clockwise. He also tight maybe it could use a tad more sag on the back end. But he wasn't measuring it looking with me on it just it sitting there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts