Livewire Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone - I’m encountering an issue with Level 3 DC Fast Charging on my 2020 Livewire. Using only Electrify America, Chargepoint and sometimes EVGo, I’m getting the same issue come up. I plug in, swipe my app or card, but then I get “establishing connection” on my TFT screen, and it goes on for minutes and minutes, and charging doesn’t start. The charging stations just say “waiting for EV”. I unplug and start again, and one of two things happen. Either:

1) it connects successfully and charging commences and completes

or

2) the charging station says there’s an error

Fortunately I haven’t been stranded yet - i either get it work on a second or third attempt. Or I change to a different charging station.

Has anyone else experienced this? I’m pretty sure it’s a charging system problem on the bike. Your experiences would be appreciated! Thanks.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hi everyone - I’m encountering an issue with Level 3 DC Fast Charging on my 2020 Livewire. Using only Electrify America, Chargepoint and sometimes EVGo, I’m getting the same issue come up. I plug in, swipe my app or card, but then I get “establishing connection” on my TFT screen, and it goes on for minutes and minutes, and charging doesn’t start. The charging stations just say “waiting for EV”. I unplug and start again, and one of two things happen. Either:

1) it connects successfully and charging commences and completes

or

2) the charging station says there’s an error

Fortunately I haven’t been stranded yet - i either get it work on a second or third attempt. Or I change to a different charging station.

Has anyone else experienced this? I’m pretty sure it’s a charging system problem on the bike. Your experiences would be appreciated! Thanks.
I had a similar problem on my LW. It would not charge on Level 3 but would only charge Level 1. Turned out to be an OBC problem which was replaced.

As for the charging stations I only use EA or ChargePoint. I've found the best way to charge at EA stations is to do the connection strictly using the app and I don't mean using the phone to tap on the card reader.I open the app map feature and pick the station I'm at and follow directions from the app.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mac Mike for sharing this experience. Can I ask, OBC = on board charger?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had a similar problem on my LW. It would not charge on Level 3 but would only charge Level 1. Turned out to be an OBC problem which was replaced.

As for the charging stations I only use EA or ChargePoint. I've found the best way to charge at EA stations is to do the connection strictly using the app and I don't mean using the phone to tap on the card reader.I open the app map feature and pick the station I'm at and follow directions from the app.
I’ve been successful using NFC (tap) with ChargePoint but not with EA. I have submitted feedback to EA. Looking forward to getting the bike out of winter storage at the end of the month and seeing if there has been any update.

·
Registered
2020, Harley Davidson LiveWire
39 Posts
as far as my experience, I've used roughly 10 diff charge companies and E.A. is by far the worst.
They have constant connectivity issues, whether it's the main start or stopping mid charge.
I have to frequently switch machines (thankfully they usually have more than one)... Not to mention, they are the most expensive.

That said, of all the other's I've used, I have not had a single problem, less there simply is no power to the charge box.
The rest, have been plug in, wait a short min for the connection to establish and it starts to charge.

After the free period is over with E.A. I will avoid their chargers like the plague unless I have no choice.

At this point, I'm dubbing them the AM/PM (Arco) of fill-up stations. (water in your gas anyone?)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts