Livewire Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The battery died in my Livewire. Should I replace it with a battery with more amps? The battery that was in the bike is only 2 amps. I'm currently charging the battery using my NOCO Genius10.

I was thinking of getting a Shorai Lithium Battery for a replacement.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
The battery died in my Livewire. Should I replace it with a battery with more amps? The battery that was in the bike is only 2 amps. I'm currently charging the battery using my NOCO Genius10.

I was thinking of getting a Shorai Lithium Battery for a replacement.

Thanks.
It doesn't really need a lot of capacity. It checks for keys and then closes a contactor for the RESS to power everything, including charging this battery.

I did kill it once, jumped it and has been fine ever since. Once jumped the RESS can recharge this thing in minutes really. Not sure what I did to kill it the first time. I think I may have left the "run switch" on over night

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It doesn't really need a lot of capacity. It checks for keys and then closes a contactor for the RESS to power everything, including charging this battery.

I did kill it once, jumped it and has been fine ever since. Once jumped the RESS can recharge this thing in minutes really. Not sure what I did to kill it the first time. I think I may have left the "run switch" on over night
NoRemorse. Thank you for the reply. The battery completed charging this morning. I will be installing it in the bike tomorrow. Hopefully, everything powers up. I did not know the RESS charges the battery. Cool Stuff. Wish me luck tomorrow. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts