Livewire Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if anyone posted....my account recently informed me that I would be knocking an additional $2500 off the remaining taxes I owe the feds thanks to the LW.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Not sure if anyone posted....my account recently informed me that I would be knocking an additional $2500 off the remaining taxes I owe the feds thanks to the LW.
Yes that was posted a long time ago. So long ago I'm sure a lot of folks have missed it or their dealer should have told them when the bike was bought.

·
Registered
126 Posts
It's still on the website:
"Buy a Harley-Davidson® Livewire® motorcycle and you may be eligible for a credit up to $2,500 on your federal income taxes plus additional rebates for being a California, Oregon or Pennsylvania resident."
Everyone who bought in 2020 is good. Given it's still posted on the website, appears Feds have extended the tax credit into 2021. Unfortunately, Georgia cut its state EV tax credit before the Livewire was released.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I did some research, and it looks like the $2500 credit can be claimed by filling out IRS form 8936. The electrical upgrades I did to my garage are reported on form 8911. It allows for a 30% credit on that cost. My expenses were in 2021, so I'll be saving the forms for next year's federal return. No state credits for Virginia, but I consider anything I get to be a bonus.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts