Livewire Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is quickly becoming an industry trend, Harley showed off the LiveWire at Comic Con in San Diego in complete Avengers garb...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Not sure if I want the bike more, or the Captain America shield. It would make a really good wall hanging, or safety device.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Comic Con has exploded in size over the past while. It now encompasses so much more than just comics. Basically companies realize how big the culture is and are looking for any way they can to get their products in there.

Instead of just putting it on display, they should let people with motorcycle licenses actually ride the Livewire.

·
Registered
233 Posts
It's basically a lifestyle for many, and a lot of products to be pushed which leads to brands like harley stepping in to sneak in the Livewire. Product placement galore.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the Livewire is not there for the diehard lifestyle people. Its there for the casual fans, Comic-con has become much less stigmatized lately, especially with the popularity of shows like Big Bang, its all been glorified.

Livewire is there for those people, not the guys playing dungeons and dragons still at 28...

·
Registered
102 Posts
the Livewire is not there for the diehard lifestyle people. Its there for the casual fans, Comic-con has become much less stigmatized lately, especially with the popularity of shows like Big Bang, its all been glorified.

Livewire is there for those people, not the guys playing dungeons and dragons still at 28...
And what's wrong with playing D&D at 28?

I don't see why you think that people who are more "geeky" aren't interested in motorcycles. Sure, part of the reason why HD is there is because there is a wider audience than ever before at these events, but i don't think they are dismissing the people who are at the heart of comic-con culture.

I taste a touch of disdain for dungeons and dragons players in your writing.

·
Registered
233 Posts

why isn't it for diehard lifestyle people

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And what's wrong with playing D&D at 28?

I don't see why you think that people who are more "geeky" aren't interested in motorcycles. Sure, part of the reason why HD is there is because there is a wider audience than ever before at these events, but i don't think they are dismissing the people who are at the heart of comic-con culture.

I taste a touch of disdain for dungeons and dragons players in your writing.

Nothing is wrong with it, I never said there was a problem just that they are much less likely to ride motorcycles. From my experience the interest is not there. One of my co-workers is quite into playing magic cards, he has no care for motorcycles. :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
Nothing is wrong with it, I never said there was a problem just that they are much less likely to ride motorcycles. From my experience the interest is not there. One of my co-workers is quite into playing magic cards, he has no care for motorcycles. :D
Ok maybe you're right that they don't cross over much but perhaps soon the tides will change considering harleys attempt to bring the product to that community.

Guess its hard to play magic cards on the back of a motorcycle...

·
Registered
233 Posts
still can't get over the shield on the front of the avengers street, if that's something i actually go for on my own livewire... don't judge me :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts