Livewire Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! New to the forum and super stoked to see that Harley has resumed progress on the Livewire. I think its only a matter of time before we see a lot of the big players in the motorcycle industry looking to release electric bikes. I know there are a couple smaller independent companies such as Zero Motorcycles that are already on the market.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe the original concept was only capable of 50miles of range, which obviously HD is looking to improve closer to 100. I would think the smaller battery to deliver that kind of range could probably charge in a half hour or so.

·
Registered
217 Posts
We're nowhere near that level of technology, but the industry is moving towards denser battery packs. So there is hope for a long range LiveWire in the future.
It could be happening soon to the next generation of hypercars from well known brands such as McLaren. Once it does I will be watching motorcycle brands like HD for its integration. Even if its not HD, there will be a market at some price point. The next Ninja H2 could be it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.