Livewire Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! New to the forum and super stoked to see that Harley has resumed progress on the Livewire. I think its only a matter of time before we see a lot of the big players in the motorcycle industry looking to release electric bikes. I know there are a couple smaller independent companies such as Zero Motorcycles that are already on the market.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think there's a model sold in Japan too, but nothing global and mainstream like what the Livewire could be once it goes on sale. What I'd like to know is the charge time of it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe the original concept was only capable of 50miles of range, which obviously HD is looking to improve closer to 100. I would think the smaller battery to deliver that kind of range could probably charge in a half hour or so.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I wish super capacitors were a thing because in a product that requires lighter components, those capacitors would go a long way.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We're nowhere near that level of technology, but the industry is moving towards denser battery packs. So there is hope for a long range LiveWire in the future.

·
Registered
189 Posts
We're nowhere near that level of technology, but the industry is moving towards denser battery packs. So there is hope for a long range LiveWire in the future.
It could be happening soon to the next generation of hypercars from well known brands such as McLaren. Once it does I will be watching motorcycle brands like HD for its integration. Even if its not HD, there will be a market at some price point. The next Ninja H2 could be it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts