Livewire Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did you guys get the email?

More than just a motorcycle, LiveWire® has been redefining electric since 2019, delivering the best experience for the urban rider, with personality and soul.

As an early adopter, you have been on this journey with us. Thank you for your commitment to LiveWire and for pioneering the future of motorcycling.

The next chapter in the LiveWire journey begins now.

Today, Harley-Davidson is announcing the launch of LiveWire as an all-electric motorcycle brand. We are seizing the opportunity to lead and define the market in EV with the mission to be the most desirable electric motorcycle brand in the world. LiveWire will pioneer the future of motorcycling, for the pursuit of urban adventure and beyond.

Our commitment to you as a current owner is that you will now be supported by the LiveWire brand and will have the continued support of the Harley-Davidson® dealer network.

We are very excited about the journey ahead and will have more news to share with you as we launch the first LiveWire branded motorcycle on July 8, 2021.

Thank you for choosing LiveWire.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Can’t tell if this is a bad or good thing.
Anyone remember Buell? HD does not have the money to fully commit to EV. This is just a way to separate the EV segment from the ICE segment at HD. HD has not said how much money will be committed to EV. This is a good way to separate now and hope it takes off or for an investor group to buy it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
It's definitely a curious move indeed. But a first in it's own right. Having Harley Davidson state a promise to support us and share thanks for our being the initial investors in it's EV line are the parts I like. As for what comes of it, we'll see. I liken trust to hope, both require extending ourselves into the realm of the unknown, whether it's people, motorcycle manufacturers, or more importantly faith in something / Someone we can't see.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The CEO has been committed to electric for quite a while, well before moving into the CEO position. Since buying my LW I have been saying that they need to focus on an urban/suburban demographic, and it is good to see them targeting that. The autonomy from the ICE influences/competition could be a good thing. Electric is here whether HD stays in or not, succeeds or fails. I hope that they stay.

Maybe someday the HD branded LW will be a sought after first edition...

·
Registered
100 Posts
I want world peace, an end to the Chinese virus' spread, and a replacement higher capacity retro-fittable LW battery.

Oh all right then I'll settle for the battery.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Oldun, that’s too funny!
But I thought we traded truth for political correctness? How could you call it the “Chinese virus”? Sure, it originated there like other deadly viruses, was kept secret for a time as it spread worldwide, and yeah many are dead and dying, but their President is a great moral leader to us all. Isn’t that what his, I mean our “leaders” and news outlets programed us to believe? Good thing people can’t be bought and there’s no evil in the world.
All that kindness and selflessness leaves more time to develop a better Livewire battery!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well... in my profession we have long called such things by their real name - Legionnaire's disease, Norwalk virus, Raynaud's phenomenon, Japanese B encephalitis, Ebola (river in Congo) / Lassa (town in Nigeria) / Zika (forest in Uganda) etc... so without meaning to cause any trouble :sneaky: I always call this the Chinese or Wuhan virus. I also note that the Chinese Govt themselves call overseas variants by their source - the UK variant, the Brazilian variant, etc. So I'm just being culturally appropriate :)(y)

I now return to our regularly scheduled programming and hope for my hair to regrow on the top of my head and the LiveWire to mutate a higher-capacity spike voltage (or is that amperage... I dunno...)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Anyone remember Buell? HD does not have the money to fully commit to EV. This is just a way to separate the EV segment from the ICE segment at HD. HD has not said how much money will be committed to EV. This is a good way to separate now and hope it takes off or for an investor group to buy it.
Don't forget MV Agusta

·
Registered
35 Posts
I spoke with my rep at HD this morning regarding the future of HD and Livewire. I could get no set answer wether or not HD dealers will still continue with the bike. The dealerships can opt out of the Livewire and you can be referred to a Livewire showroom, and hope there is one within the distance of a charge.

·
Registered
119 Posts
HD did announce the money that would be invested in EV’s over the next several years on development. It’s on the web. The announcement came out approximately 2 months ago. No change has been announced.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts