Livewire Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've visited a few H-D dealers lately that got in on selling the LiveWire last year, and they don't seem to know anything about what's going on. Some think that LiveWire is now a completely different company, and others say that LiveWire is only going to be sold at stand alone dealers. They all seem to believe that their store won't be carrying LW anymore. One salesperson at my local H-D store (non LiveWire) said that she heard that the whole thing was being discontinued. Part of this is these people being misinformed, and part because many H-D salespeople just don't care. Even after I tell them what I've found out here and other internet research, the consensus is that they all are angry about how the dealers are being treated, and rightly so. The initial LW dealers put all the money into charging stations, training, and whatever else they were told to do, and now they are left completely in the dark about what comes next. I understand the new direction with marketing, but it seems like H-D is its own worst enemy here.
As Mac Mike alluded to above, this is why they gave up on Buell. H-D made it so difficult for the dealers to carry them, nobody really wanted to mess with them anymore.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I don't regret buying my LW at all, and it has really changed my life. Once I got the Charge Point in the garage, I went ahead and bought an electric car (Chevy Bolt). Along the way, I've learned how to map out trips for both vehicles while planning charge stops, plus learning how I can stretch out the range by taking different routes. I can never go back to a motorcycle that I have to shift gears and deal with heat coming from an engine. I'm taking my LiveWire for 10k service in the morning to the closest H-D dealer that can do that, which is 110 miles away, but I don't care. I knew I was getting into something different when I bought it, and I'm so glad I did.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.