Livewire Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps the LiveWire is above all a design study? Its a clean break from current harley design, and harks back to the old XR1200 or the bikes that buell used to build.

Consider how many calls for an ICE engine in the LiveWire chassis have already been made across the internets. Its possible Harley is experimenting with a new design thought and felt the safest route to gauge public perception was to tart it up as an electric bike lest it suffer the same crucifixion as the VROD...

·
Registered
102 Posts
I think that the Livewire generally is a big experiment from the technology being used to the design of the bike. Everything is a break from classic Harley. Do you think that we could see design elements from the HD Livewire in other HD bikes that aren't electric? The design is pretty cool. I see some potential there.

·
Registered
76 Posts
They will likely reserve it for electric bikes eventually, but I could see Harley really expanding the style of bikes that they offer to people. The challenge for them will be to hold on to classic Harley while trying something different. Seems like a great way to engage a whole new generation of Harley riders.

·
Registered
102 Posts
That seems to be what HD is all about these days, engaging a new generation. I wouldn't be surprised if HD makes even more moves in the near future to go after this group of people. Not sure what that would be -- I'm not a business strategist for Harley, but I'm sure there is still room for innovation in the motorcycle industry.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thing is that when Harley killed Buell it was not because they wanted to, it was because they had to. Once buell was gone they have lost a large chunck of people who were quite loyal to the brand. If they can build bikes with the aesthetic pleasure of the old Buells they can really diversify their current customer base.

The look is absolutely killer and I think it will fly with traditionalists as well...

·
Registered
233 Posts
it's a good move, it's what they have to do to keep up growth, the older harley traditionalists will only live for so long and will only buy so much.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it's a good move, it's what they have to do to keep up growth, the older harley traditionalists will only live for so long and will only buy so much.
Traditionalists is a hard term to use because as Harley on boards new clientele the majority of "typical" users changes and the traditionalist morphs into something he never was which becomes the NEW traditionalist. ;)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Traditionalists is a hard term to use because as Harley on boards new clientele the majority of "typical" users changes and the traditionalist morphs into something he never was which becomes the NEW traditionalist. ;)
Basically you are just saying that the typical customer changes over time and I think that is true, no more so than right now with Harley Davidson.

It will be interesting to see what the brand becomes in the future and at the same time what kind of people become the traditionalist customers.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Basically you are just saying that the typical customer changes over time and I think that is true, no more so than right now with Harley Davidson.

It will be interesting to see what the brand becomes in the future and at the same time what kind of people become the traditionalist customers.

basically that's basically what I've just said

·
Registered
233 Posts
It will indeed be interesting to see who will become the new traditionalist and how the older traditionalists will feel about it and there are a lot of the older types right now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts