Livewire Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
This can be misleading the range algorythim adjust based on how the rider has been throttling the bike, so in theory if you travek at 20mhp or less stop and go traffic you shoud see really high numbers.
Ive seen mine in regualr stop and go traffic here in LA up to 156 miles at 45-45mph

I wish we could do this on the LW

Now I have seen bike with 25+ kw packs wichi are really close to that using Silicon Based Batteries. :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
@dcar70 - do you know if our first generation bikes will be able to accept newer battery technology if/when it becomes available?
I dont think the manufacturer would be inclined to do this.

Most likely you would need a highly talented 3rd party to do something like this in the future. They would need to be intemately involved with the BCM as well at the battery supplier to program the bike to accept the new cells and to know how to properly control the voltage delivery to the batteries.

It would be cheaper to get a newer more advance model when the time comes.

Just some of my thoughts

·
Registered
98 Posts
I dont think the manufacturer would be inclined to do this.

Most likely you would need a highly talented 3rd party to do something like this in the future. They would need to be intemately involved with the BCM as well at the battery supplier to program the bike to accept the new cells and to know how to properly control the voltage delivery to the batteries.

It would be cheaper to get a newer more advance model when the time comes.

Just some of my thoughts
The Leaf community has a couple of aftermarket batteries available. I won’t be surprised to see the same for the LiveWire down the road.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts