Livewire Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2020, Harley Davidson LiveWire
162 Posts
....mirrors they are really good and stylish.
Unfortunately, I tried these mirrors out and they don't provide any better coverage... due to the more aggressive riding position, so I returned them. I would not recommend.

for comparison height/width stats, I'm wide, 5'9" 175lbs

·
Registered
284 Posts
is that what it looks like when there is a body riding... or just sitting in place?
That pic is just sitting on the bike but I do get a good view behind me while riding. Whit the type mirrors I have I feel that a rider with a bigger torso than myself would need the mirror extenders to place the mirrors out some more.

·
Registered
162 Posts
That pic is just sitting on the bike but I do get a good view behind me while riding. Whit the type mirrors I have I feel that a rider with a bigger torso than myself would need the mirror extenders to place the mirrors out some more.
Nice to know. I can understand that,... while I'm likely an "average" width, winter gear really adds dimension for sure. 😂

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got a call from a H-D employee checking on my LiveWire experience and I shared similar feedback about the mirrors. He said they were aware of the feedback so I’m hopeful there will be a solution in the future.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I got a call from a H-D employee checking on my LiveWire experience and I shared similar feedback about the mirrors. He said they were aware of the feedback so I’m hopeful there will be a solution in the future.
The mirrors are part of the Harley strategy of selling motorcycles. Build bikes that just meet safety and emission requirements and then add improved parts to their parts catalog. I've just owned HD bikes my whole life and have replaced my mirrors on all my bikes. The LW mirrors are the worst of any HD I've owned that I filed a complaint with the NHTSA about them when I bought my bike.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Has anyone tried bar-end mirrors — H-D’s or aftermarket? Any feedback? If so, how did you deal with the grips — replaced or modified?
I've been told multiple times that it won't work since there is so much tight wiring inside.

that said, I use one grip mounted bar end mirror (not a right, throttle side one.)

don't laugh, it works great... then I'm also into minimalist Cafe style.

here's what I got

21 - 33 of 33 Posts