Livewire Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious about heat off that electric motor and battery. On my test ride, I didn't really notice anything, but it was 75 degrees and I really wasn't focused on that. I was trying to hold on and probably missed a lot of the subtleties of the bike.

Do these bikes put out any considerable heat? Does it become more noticeable in the summer? Do you feel that heat in different areas than you would on a traditional Harley? If the motor becomes hot, it looks like your feet might get a bit warm???

Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just curious about heat off that electric motor and battery. On my test ride, I didn't really notice anything, but it was 75 degrees and I really wasn't focused on that. I was trying to hold on and probably missed a lot of the subtleties of the bike.

Do these bikes put out any considerable heat? Does it become more noticeable in the summer? Do you feel that heat in different areas than you would on a traditional Harley? If the motor becomes hot, it looks like your feet might get a bit warm???

Thanks.
I’ve only been riding a LW for the past couple of weeks in 50-75 degree weather. I’ve noticed the LACK of heat compared to my air cooled bikes. After a 60 mile highway run the battery and motor were barely warm. I think the highest temperature the battery has reported is 77.

·
Registered
209 Posts

Thanks.
I've had my bike a year in two weeks. No concern over heat at all. I'm in Texas and I've been in 100˚ or over temps several times this summer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts