Livewire Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So is the reason that the throttle, clutch, rear brake balance makes low speed turns work be cause you have more control release something with your finger then rotavating your wrist?

If this is so I presume it would be possible to have something like a lever with the reverse of the throttle? Basically turns down throttle and regen on engagement and slowly allows it's return on release.

I mean it clearly wouldn't be cheap but it would give people that engine response cutoff lever. It is interesting. Not sure how much it makes sense to have a control that cuts off another control.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I don't really have an issue with the regen and slow speed turns. Maybe it is because I've put so many miles on Africa Twins with the DCT transmission (no manual clutch). I've become an expert at using the throttle against the rear brake. Doesn't take long to get the hang of it.

Go practice for 20-30 minutes in a parking lot and you'll be up to speed pretty quickly.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes it is fine. Haven't practiced figure 8s but can almost hold full lock turns. The throttle is very good. But I can see why control release of power would be nice. I think that is the issue. Your index finger just has way better feel compared to your wrist. Really the issue is the waste of any real controls on the left. The blinker and likely the rear brake should be over there. Your right sure just ends up being very busy. No way starting from scratch would the brake would have been on the foot. But it is what it is. I am sure there will be a right hand brake kit for this bike some day. Huh stopped by a be shop today. Looked at my brake fluid and said it looked old already. Only 500 miles. Wonder how long this 2022 has been sitting around.

·
Registered
111 Posts
While I wouldn't mind having a rear brake on the left handlebar, in conjunction with the rear as well, not sure if it would be worth the hassle or cost for me to put on there for fairly limited benefit in my normal riding. I went to the hassle of this on one my previous Africa Twins for off-road riding. I think it might have been simpler to source parts that would work for it than a Harley would be. Then again maybe there is something out there that would simplify it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts