Livewire Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of us have wondered where exactly Harley got the expertise to build the Live Wire prototypes, well Harley didn't "get" the experience, they bought it, from Mission Motors.

Mission, as in the people who made THIS

Mission is by far the most advanced and technically superior e-bike R&D company...

By producing an EV, Harley-Davidson would attract a young, liberal, urban market that until now has been inaccessible to America's oldest and most conservative motorcycle company. Harley-Davidson executives in Milwaukee secretly contacted Mission Motors, in San Francisco, and contracted them to engineer an electric drivetrain.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Cool. So do you think that in the future Harley might try to buy Mission or just partner with them, or will they develop their own e-drivetrain when the production Livewire comes out?

·
Registered
233 Posts
It wouldn't be a bad idea, I think harley might want to look into that as the sport bike segment will also need electric bikes and we know HD has money!

·
Registered
233 Posts
That's the way it should be, their bikes are more along the lines of casual so I think it's good that they introduced new tech while still keeping it a bit consistent with what they already offer. At least then it helps them set the stage to transition into other area's with that tech

·
Registered
102 Posts
Harley doesn't really make any sport bikes right now do they? I would think that they would make a petrol powered sport bike before they try to make a pure electric one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts