Livewire Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a strange charging event today at an Evgo charging station. It shut off 2 times in a row after 9 minutes. This was enough to get me home. So I did not try a third time.

I called EVGO and they checked the charger and said the bike told the charger to turn off.

Is there any way to set time or Percent on a Livewire charging system.

Sounds like a problem with the new download I had done at the dealer.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I had a strange charging event today at an Evgo charging station. It shut off 2 times in a row after 9 minutes. This was enough to get me home. So I did not try a third time.

I called EVGO and they checked the charger and said the bike told the charger to turn off.

Is there any way to set time or Percent on a Livewire charging system.

Sounds like a problem with the new download I had done at the dealer.
What was the download for? I've had ChargePoint shut down in the first few minutes but ok after restarting.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took the Livewire to the dealer today. Had 29% SOC when I arrived. I charged it five times. Had it at 79% SOC when I left. Default after nine minutes each time.

Tech is talking to headquarters.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I took the Livewire to the dealer today. Had 29% SOC when I arrived. I charged it five times. Had it at 79% SOC when I left. Default after nine minutes each time.

Tech is talking to headquarters.
It does look like a bike problem as the Harley dealers are on the ChargePoint network.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sitting on lift waiting for factory advice.

Anybody else have the recall download done?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Sitting on lift waiting for factory advice.

Anybody else have the recall download done?
Is this an official recall? No word from HD or my dealer on any recalls.

Just went to the HD recall page and no active recalls listed for the Livewire. Sure your dealer didn't feed you some BS on your bike?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was told it is for a problem for leaving it plugged in to long. They said they have done a couple of other bikes. But they have not heard from anybody else. Probably because nobody rides like me.

7100 miles and not counting now.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I was told it is for a problem for leaving it plugged in to long. They said they have done a couple of other bikes. But they have not heard from anybody else. Probably because nobody rides like me.

7100 miles and not counting now.
Riding has nothing to do with charging. Two Livewires (Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman) were on the road from Argentina to LA for three months. The problem is not disconnecting the charger when full. It's not a float charger so one has to disconnect once you get to desired charge. I always charge to 100% and keep track on the app of charging time and set a timer to unplug. Go to 24:30 of attached video for that message.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Went to the dealer today. They wanted to remove all my accessories. Thinking that was the problem. I said wait a minute. Did you do the download on your demo? Yes.

Demo was at 91%. I took it out and rode it down 79%. Put on there charger. Guess what, nine minutes the charger says “stop charging because bike told me too.” 87%. Put the charger on again. Same thing. 94%.

Headquarters tried to tell them it is your charger. Dealer put a bike on the charger that did not have the download. Charged up fine.

Guess what Corp?

This problem continues.........

·
Registered
201 Posts
Went to the dealer today. They wanted to remove all my accessories. Thinking that was the problem. I said wait a minute. Did you do the download on your demo? Yes.

Demo was at 91%. I took it out and rode it down 79%. Put on there charger. Guess what, nine minutes the charger says “stop charging because bike told me too.” 87%. Put the charger on again. Same thing. 94%.

Headquarters tried to tell them it is your charger. Dealer put a bike on the charger that did not have the download. Charged up fine.

Guess what Corp?

Sounds like your dealer service dept. has no clue. Checked service bulletins online and found none listed for the Livewire. Ask to see the service bulletin as it sounds like BS to me. If there was a bulletin I'm sure my dealer would be in touch with me. What accessories do you have that would be impacting the battery or charger? I'll drop by my dealer tomorrow and see if they have any info.

·
Registered
38 Posts

Guess what Corp?

If you can try to another L1 charge is you have one. Also improper grouding can cause issues.
Try another 110v pluc around you house.
Also try other DC fast charegs from EA or EVgo

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No problem on ac charging. I noticed the problem with an evgo dc charger. The dc charger is not the problem. I have been talking to my Livewire Corp rep.

·
Registered
6 Posts
No problem on ac charging. I noticed the problem with an evgo dc charger. The dc charger is not the problem. I have been talking to my Livewire Corp rep.
For what it’s worth, I had my 1,000 mile service done a couple of days ago — and am now experiencing the very same issue. AC charging works fine, but Level 3 (on Electrify America) shuts down after 6-7 min. Must be the bike as I tried more than 5 Electrify America stations.

Any advice — feels like the latest software update could be the issue?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Your wasting your time talking with anyone from HD corp. Has anyone shown you the service bulletin yet? Apparently there is a bug in the update affecting DC charging. The service bulletin # is M1504. Have your dealer give you a copy so you have documentation.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Factory boys stopped by today at dealer, put in original down load. It charged up all the way. To late to pick up today. I well get it Monday.

Advantage, living in the Milwaukee area.

I wander how long before replacement download.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Factory boys stopped by today at dealer, put in original down load. It charged up all the way. To late to pick up today. I well get it Monday.

Advantage, living in the Milwaukee area.

I wander how long before replacement download.
I'm sure they had a thumb drive and just minutes to upload to your bike. For your records:

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts