Livewire Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Virginia.

Just tried out a livewire a couple days ago. All I can say is ... Wow! Wow! Wow!

I would never say this to a salesman under normal circumstances, but I told him when I finished the ride I would figure out how to buy it. I certainly wasn’t expecting to be that much enamored by it. Still can’t stop thinking about it!

I’ve already sold 1 motorcycle. I’ve got 1 more to sell plus an old K5 blazer and I’ll be there.

In the meantime, I’m reading all I can about real world experience from members on here.

Would love to know if anyone has had success negotiating below MSRP on one of these...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Greetings from Virginia.

Just tried out a livewire a couple days ago. All I can say is ... Wow! Wow! Wow!

I would never say this to a salesman under normal circumstances, but I told him when I finished the ride I would figure out how to buy it. I certainly wasn’t expecting to be that much enamored by it. Still can’t stop thinking about it!

I’ve already sold 1 motorcycle. I’ve got 1 more to sell plus an old K5 blazer and I’ll be there.

In the meantime, I’m reading all I can about real world experience from members on here.

Would love to know if anyone has had success negotiating below MSRP on one of these...
HD promotion on Livewire right now is 2K over Blue Book on a trade in or .99% financing. You can always ask to see if they will come down on MSRP as the Livewire is just collecting dust in showrooms nationwide.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HD promotion on Livewire right now is 2K over Blue Book on a trade in or .99% financing. You can always ask to see if they will come down on MSRP as the Livewire is just collecting dust in showrooms nationwide.
Thank you for that info. I knew about the 2K deal, but I didn't know about the .99% financing. Good stuff. The sales manager at my local dealer mentioned he'd be willing to negotiate, so we'll see. I'm unsure if he was just trying to get me to sit down and look at numbers or if he was actually sincere about negotiating. If I was prepared to buy at the time he told me, I would have taken him up on the offer. My test ride and then discussion with the SM came out of left field. I walked into the dealership to buy a part never expecting to test ride anything. He did mention wanting to sell to get the LW's on the street and hopefully get the word out. Apparently, they had sold 3 so far at that particular dealership.

At this point, I should probably wait to see what the 2021's will offer. That being said, I may not see one if my dealer hasn't sold the 2020's. They have 4 of them. Not sure how that works... Will they actually get 2021's if they haven't sold their 2020's?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Thank you for that info. I knew about the 2K deal, but I didn't know about the .99% financing. Good stuff. The sales manager at my local dealer mentioned he'd be willing to negotiate, so we'll see. I'm unsure if he was just trying to get me to sit down and look at numbers or if he was actually sincere about negotiating. If I was prepared to buy at the time he told me, I would have taken him up on the offer. My test ride and then discussion with the SM came out of left field. I walked into the dealership to buy a part never expecting to test ride anything. He did mention wanting to sell to get the LW's on the street and hopefully get the word out. Apparently, they had sold 3 so far at that particular dealership.

At this point, I should probably wait to see what the 2021's will offer. That being said, I may not see one if my dealer hasn't sold the 2020's. They have 4 of them. Not sure how that works... Will they actually get 2021's if they haven't sold their 2020's?
Have not heard much on the 2021 model. HD has built at least 1012 LWs and just sold a little over 500 worldwide.

I'm in Texas and my dealer might make a deal if you want to buy out of state.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The trade was the only thing I could negotiate. H-D brought my trade up about $3,000, like my selling it privately. Otherwise, you can cash-in on the $2,500 tax incentive, but that's about where the practicality of the Livewire ends and the fun begins. If Mac Mike's dealer will negotiate, I'd look into that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Best bet is to try and find a dealer demo bike.
Other than it not being new, would there be a downside to buying a demo? I probably wouldn't buy one with a ICE due to people flogging it when it is really suppose to broken in properly. Is there a break-in procedure for these bikes???

·
Registered
45 Posts
I bought a demo model. No break in period. As long as it cosmetically looks perfect, I cant think of a downside. Another benefit is that if you can find a bike with over a 1,000 miles, the dealer will perform the 1,000 mile service ($350-$450 value).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Greetings from Virginia.

Just bought my LW in Virginia. Check out the write up here: Official Welcome Thread

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just bought my LW in Virginia. Check out the write up here: Official Welcome Thread
Thanks for that! Really enjoyed reading about your apprehension about buying the bike and then your experience afterward. It's interesting that you felt validated to buy after watching "Long Way Up." I did the same thing before I bought my R1200GS after watching "The Long Way Around". I think I share that apprehension about not finding a charging station in time, or finding one that is out of order, or one that is in use, etc., etc. I'm sure these challenges can be overcome, but time is the issue, isn't it?

I'm in the Hampton Roads area, btw. If I ever get one of these, we'll have to meet up for a ride someday. How about Virginia LW ride? BRP would be fantastic. I can see a group of LW's heading down the highway now. A mass of silent bikes, whizzing along with their owner's faces etched with ear to ear smiles. The casual on-lookers won't know what to do without all sound normally emanating from a group of Harleys.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for that! Really enjoyed reading about your apprehension about buying the bike and then your experience afterward. It's interesting that you felt validated to buy after watching "Long Way Up." I did the same thing before I bought my R1200GS after watching "The Long Way Around". I think I share that apprehension about not finding a charging station in time, or finding one that is out of order, or one that is in use, etc., etc. I'm sure these challenges can be overcome, but time is the issue, isn't it?

I'm in the Hampton Roads area, btw. If I ever get one of these, we'll have to meet up for a ride someday. How about Virginia LW ride? BRP would be fantastic. I can see a group of LW's heading down the highway now. A mass of silent bikes, whizzing along with their owner's faces etched with ear to ear smiles. The casual on-lookers won't know what to do without all sound normally emanating from a group of Harleys.
Very cool. I like the VA LW idea. Will keep that in mind for next season.

·
Registered
58 Posts
That is a great price! But I'm not sure I'd say prices are creeping down yet, not even in this COVID-19 world we find ourselves. Maybe an isolated used bike is going to surface like what you found. But the H-D retailers in Florida, where more Livewires are for sale than any other state, are not dropping the price a dime, not yet. Used is the exception.

For what it's worth, I'm among the vast majority wondering the value of these machines in a few years. I haven't lost big on technology since the Betamax, and that was more of my dad's loss, even if I suggested it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts