Livewire Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey there!

I recently joined H-D and similarly recently, finally went through H-D Rider Academy and got my license. I grew up on 2 wheels, but that was an electric scooter (Zap Lepton with a max speed of precisely 27 MPH) that didn't need a license - amazingly, it only took another 16 odd years to get around to finally becoming official. The only vehicles I'm interested in are ones that don't have an engine. Finally looks like this is the decade that the world is taking notice of EVs and catching up to where I'm at. haha

I get to drive around the LiveWire (a VIN in the low 100s), and it's just an utter blast. Of course, taking it slow and with the respect it requires, flowing with traffic and not being dumb. I'm an overly pedantic driver on 4 wheels (and mostly with Autopilot in the Model 3) and combined with the control training on 2 wheels provided by the course, I feel pretty good on the thing.

Mostly looking to get feedback and resources that aren't straightforward to get within H-D - like how the heck to get Bluetooth working right (I'll post about that shortly). I hope to gain some better understanding of rider experiences and pass those along where I can, but my role is in engineering and assisting with the things to come in the powertrain department :)

Cool to see that this forum exists, and happy to be here!

·
Registered
My2020 LiveWire
27 Posts
Falcon welcome to the forum brother,
Bluetooth is a problem over here (no support for the app) but then I don't need it with Sena in the Schuberth and my old iPhone SE, I can answer calls and ride with the Stones and CCR.
The LW for me is great (I am an adrenalin junkie). I hope you enjoy many years of safe riding.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there!

I recently joined H-D and similarly recently, finally went through H-D Rider Academy and got my license. I grew up on 2 wheels, but that was an electric scooter (Zap Lepton with a max speed of precisely 27 MPH) that didn't need a license - amazingly, it only took another 16 odd years to get around to finally becoming official. The only vehicles I'm interested in are ones that don't have an engine. Finally looks like this is the decade that the world is taking notice of EVs and catching up to where I'm at. haha

I get to drive around the LiveWire (a VIN in the low 100s), and it's just an utter blast. Of course, taking it slow and with the respect it requires, flowing with traffic and not being dumb. I'm an overly pedantic driver on 4 wheels (and mostly with Autopilot in the Model 3) and combined with the control training on 2 wheels provided by the course, I feel pretty good on the thing.

Mostly looking to get feedback and resources that aren't straightforward to get within H-D - like how the heck to get Bluetooth working right (I'll post about that shortly). I hope to gain some better understanding of rider experiences and pass those along where I can, but my role is in engineering and assisting with the things to come in the powertrain department :)

Cool to see that this forum exists, and happy to be here!
Have you any information on the Livewire future with HD? Rumours about that its being dropped but others suggest a battery upgrade.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't know what I can say because honestly I don't have a full picture, but I feel confident saying that fears of HD's electric ambitions being watered down are quite unfounded. I just can't tell what I can say and can't say, if I want to keep who-knows-who happy. I don't have a lot of info, but both some fears I've read, and some excitement I've read, both seem to be a bit inaccurate. Don't expect miracles this year, but don't expect gloom or doom either ;)

I can neither confirm nor deny anything. 😂

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.