Livewire Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I'm new here. My name is Elija I'm 37yrs old and I will be receiving my new 2021 Livewire One next week. It's the black with the two upgraded accessories. I'm also new to riding, I know what you're thinking I should have bought a used starter bike to learn on but I fell in love with the livewire, it was love at first sight ❤😄. Long story short, I've been wanting a bike for many years, in fact I've had my motorcycle drivers license for 17 years, but life got in the way and never happened. I decided to pull the plug and went fir the ebike to complement my EV. I have level 2 charger at home, which I read the Livewire only charges at Lv1 and Lv3 #disappointing. Also, I was not interested in learning the shifting gears and dealing with the clutch. I never learned stick on my dad's car, and never saw the point, just my opinion in the matter. 😁

Anyway, the bike is for fun not planning to commute and will be crawling before I start running. As a newb, I'd love to get advise from the pros on riding techniques, dos and don't, what's good protective gear to buy, motorcycle insurance and just just general comments or feedback also very much welcomed.

Nice to meet you all in advanced.
Cheers,
Elija

·
Registered
67 Posts
Elija Welcome to the family

Here is a video I was part of a few yrs ago tells you more about the bike.

As for gear...

In city driving
1. I would recommend a good quality full face helmet (SHOEI or ARAI)
2. I ride with a airbag system I use a tech air 5 by AlpineStars
3. A good Kevlar based jacket and slacks with armor.
4. Good boots

Good Brands

Dianese Dainese: Motorcycle clothing, sportswear and protective gear
AlpineStars https://www.alpinestars.com/

As for the bike

Go slow at the beginning, learn to use the regen braking and have fun!

DC

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hello guys. My name is Grant and I am a Harley Davidson enthusiast. I started driving a few weeks ago but I know a lot of information about them. Now I manage the website of the Harley Insider team - they are also enthusiasts and know everything about Harley Davidson. Here is the blog if you are interested https://harley-insider.com/.
Welcome to the forum Grant. How are you enjoying the LiveWire so far? do you have any pictures of your bike?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update, I'm supposed to have my Livewire delivered to my house tomorrow. Unfortunately, two weeks ago I had a spinal surgery to repair a herniated disc and I'm still recovering. I'm both excited and disappointed I won't be able to ride it for a few months. Anyhow, I will post pics as soon as I can.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts