Livewire Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I just took delivery of a new Livewire yesterday!

Does your Livewire make this sound when rolling (ignition off)? I'm not getting a clear answer from the dealer and I don't recall the sound from my test ride bike. It's a very audible clicking sound as if something is rubbing. I've only been told that without a neutral, the electric motor gear is engaged. But how loud should that be?
Here's a link to a video with the sound.
iCloud Photo Sharing

Cheers!
Dane

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I just took delivery of a new Livewire yesterday!

Does your Livewire make this sound when rolling (ignition off)? I'm not getting a clear answer from the dealer and I don't recall the sound from my test ride bike. It's a very audible clicking sound as if something is rubbing. I've only been told that without a neutral, the electric motor gear is engaged. But how loud should that be?
Here's a link to a video with the sound.
iCloud Photo Sharing

Cheers!
Dane
Hi Dane. I have that sound also and not worried about it. I'm approaching 5K miles and everything is fine. Plus other folks have gone over 10K miles on their LW with no problems. Remember it's a HD so no reverse gear to help move the bike around. Enjoy the bike.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies!

It's good to know you're hearing the same thing. I missed it when testing the bike a few weeks back so wasn't sure if normal. The dealer reached out yesterday afternoon. First electric so it's a very different machine. Normally you hear the loud rumble and learn to know the intricacies of your particular engine. This is near silence!

Good to hear you're problem-free and enjoying the bikes. I'm already looking at accessories - risers to bring the bars up a bit and replacing the stock grips.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts