Livewire Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Interesting the difference in body weight really showed up but the bikes were very close otherwise.

Amazing how much they just got wrong about the video. I was really confused what he was talking about haptic feed back for the breaks unless he was talking about the whine in relation to regen?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess the motor noise is artificial. Must not be related to spinning cause you don't hear it when regen is off. So I guess that is a type of haptic feedback. Did you see the top gear yet of the 74? Combo battery and fuel cell. But the of part was either that car or the second one they drive had fake engine noise and fake shifting. So confusing. The trick isn't too pretend to be an ICE vehicle but to figure out what other control we can have now that gears and clutches are a thing of the past.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right but in the video he specifically mentions the braking but I think he means engine braking. I hadn't thought that the regen noise was fake. Of course it must be as the motor is never disconnected and my scooter had it and never changed sounds. So both the application of power and generation of power is noisy. Maybe even had a feel to it that isn't required. But does make you have a clearer sense how the machine is working. Completely unnecessary accept perhaps for the chimp who is used to loud makes it go at the controls.... It is very well done in this way and probably what makes it a better bike. Funny to think of Harley as a company that understands machine interfacing but I guess in a way they are experts at it.

·
Registered
2022, Liquid Black
158 Posts
Neat video, and fun to watch. But they are learning about the bike too. E.g. their reference to Level 2 charging, when we know the Livewire is 1 and 3.

But, haptic is only for power on when the bike is not moving. The whirr while riding is just drivetrain noise, albeit the design was done to give a noise the design team liked. And, there shouldn't be any pulsing during braking. That would be a pad/rotor problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts