Livewire Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2020 H-D LiveWire
18 Posts
First is of my ELW and my son's Fat Bob while we were out for some BBQ, second is my ELW at Marshall Point lighthouse, Port Clyde, ME you may recall this lighthouse from Forrest Gump.

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Plant Vehicle
Water Sky Wheel Tire Lighthouse

·
Registered
14 Posts
PUIG Trend universal. Light Smoke Ref. 5022H - clip on mounting kit 6320. Having spoken to the supplier, there were back order issues with the dark smoke and black screens. He persuaded me to go with the light smoke screen and I'm pleased I did. I am 5'5" and, and living in London, so I do spend quite a lot of time looking through the screen at the road ahead for potholes and drain covers et cetera - which he assured me you wouldn't be able to do with the black version.

Before I fitted the screen I took the Livewire out for high speed runs on the motorway - nearing speed limits, and above obviously, and sitting up slightly my Dainese waterproof jacket blew up like a parachute and was just ridiculous.

Fitting the screen was quite simple. Just make sure you clear the brake line by separating the bracket and placing between brake line and handlebars. I spent a lot of OCD time making sure that the brackets were in exactly the same place on the bars, the rods attached to the screen were exactly the same distance away from the bracket. The bracket bolts were same distance away from the instrument panel. I decided not to rest the screen on the headlamp fairing to avoid damaging the paint work.

With a couple of opinions from people I care about, the initial reaction was it looked like an OEM part and not a hideous mess on the front of the bike.

In the next couple of days I'm going to do the high speed runs again and see what difference the screen makes. Just going around town I think there is less air pressure on my chest area, but the air might be being deflected up and into to the helmet making more whistling noises et cetera than I remember. The helmet was an impulse buy Harley Davison Outrush R. Really like the modular design, intercom on calls seems to work well. I might upgrade to a £700-£800 helmet when I've had time to try a few on.

If I decide to keep the screen on the bike, I'm going to make final position adjustments and tighten fittings. It will probably stay on the bike all year round if I like the look, and feel the benefits.

·
Registered
2020 H-D LiveWire
18 Posts
Thank you, @BlueStudios for the comprehensive response about you windshield! Like @tcypher, I'm also interested in the impact of the windshield on range. I suspect the range would improve, but would like to see the improvement numbers. If nothing else, not having your jacket act like a parachute has got to help. Thanks again!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts