Livewire Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello,
New Livewire owner, orange, 1HD2XAEB6LB801365, Colorado Springs, USA
Just added low profile seat and frame guards. Will be used as a 50 miles/day roundtrip commuter with access to level 3 charging at place of employment. Should work out well. I'm curious as to how many Livewire are on the road ?
Hope to chime in and contribute in the near future.
Rob
how do you like the low profile seat compared to the stock one?Can you post a few pics? Anyone tried the Corbin?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought a LiveWire December 30 from Seminole HD in FL. I still have a RK and a Buell (Ulysses) but I traded a 1998 Bourget which I had built 23 yrs ago in on the LW. Thanks for the add and I hope to follow and participate in discussions on this Forum. Frank

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey all. Zac here. First time EV and Harley owner from Biloxi, Mississippi.

I started riding this time last year on a 2018 Honda Rebel 300. After 8,000+ miles in that time, I started shopping for a bike with more power. I landed on a 2018 Softail Fat Bob, and I was totally happy with the upgrade.

Four days later, I was riding with a group of local Harley owners. We ended up at a dealer in Louisiana after lunch where all three LiveWire colors were on display. I took a test drive just for fun and recorded the experience with my action camera thinking it would be my only time on one.

I was wow'd by the acceleration during a quick interstate test ride.

Back at the dealer they made me an offer to trade in the Fat Bob toward the LiveWire, but it wasn't even close to acceptable so I declined. Then they made an offer I couldn't refuse, and I took ownership of the same LiveWire I test rode.

The dealer's fast charger was down that day (back up now) and the LiveWire didn't have enough battery to get me home an hour away. Because the dealer bought my Fat Bob, they paid for an Uber ride home that day and delivered the charged LiveWire the next morning.

I absolutely love with this machine. Learning about EV charging has been great, and now I'm very interested in the future of charging infrastructure. I've never been a Harley guy, but I'm very much a tech person. It's really nice having a futuristic bike that wows me while still having respect of all the Harley riders around where I live.

I'm 30, recently divorced, and have my son every other week (I don't ride during those weeks). The weeks without my boy suck, but the LiveWire keeps a smile on my face and keeps me busy during those weeks.

The only hiccup so far has been getting set up with H-D Connect. I'm a tech guy so this part of the experience really interests me, but so far I haven't had success with getting Connect going. Neither has the dealer, but I think they'll figure it out before my next trip over there.

I'm also not sure what to think about LiveWire becoming its own brand under Harley. I figure it's probably good for the acceleration of the EV lineup, but I'm glad I have the H-D version since that means something around here.

Anyway, I'm glad to see this community and read your experiences!

Zac

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts

View attachment 589

I started riding this time last year on a 2018 Honda Rebel 300. After 8,000+ miles in that time, I started shopping for a bike with more power. I landed on a 2018 Softail Fat Bob, and I was totally happy with the upgrade.

Four days later, I was riding with a group of local Harley owners. We ended up at a dealer in Louisiana after lunch where all three LiveWire colors were on display. I took a test drive just for fun and recorded the experience with my action camera thinking it would be my only time on one.

View attachment 590

Back at the dealer they made me an offer to trade in the Fat Bob toward the LiveWire, but it wasn't even close to acceptable so I declined. Then they made an offer I couldn't refuse, and I took ownership of the same LiveWire I test rode.

The dealer's fast charger was down that day (back up now) and the LiveWire didn't have enough battery to get me home an hour away. Because the dealer bought my Fat Bob, they paid for an Uber ride home that day and delivered the charged LiveWire the next morning.

View attachment 588

I absolutely love with this machine. Learning about EV charging has been great, and now I'm very interested in the future of charging infrastructure. I've never been a Harley guy, but I'm very much a tech person. It's really nice having a futuristic bike that wows me while still having respect of all the Harley riders around where I live.

I'm 30, recently divorced, and have my son every other week (I don't ride during those weeks). The weeks without my boy suck, but the LiveWire keeps a smile on my face and keeps me busy during those weeks.

View attachment 591

The only hiccup so far has been getting set up with H-D Connect. I'm a tech guy so this part of the experience really interests me, but so far I haven't had success with getting Connect going. Neither has the dealer, but I think they'll figure it out before my next trip over there.

View attachment 592

I'm also not sure what to think about LiveWire becoming its own brand under Harley. I figure it's probably good for the acceleration of the EV lineup, but I'm glad I have the H-D version since that means something around here.

Zac
Welcome to the forum Zac. Like you, I traded in a 2018 Fat Bob (Stage IV no less) along with another bike on a LiveWire. Most fun I’ve had on a bike. It has been especially nice these past few days in Northern Virginia as everyone is freaking out hoarding gas with about 50% of the gas stations in Virginia empty as I‘ve ridden hundreds of miles. Planning on about another 150 miles today.

Like you, I’m a tech guy and I’ve the only issue I noticed was the time was not syncing from my iPhone 11 to the bike like it should. Other than that I did not notice anything while I had it briefly connected. I don’t connect my iPhone to the bike anymore. I have a Sena SMH5 to hear navigation from Maps on my iPhone and that is all I need (or want). I don’t listen to music or take calls - I’m riding to avoid some of that ;-)

I did a long write up about my experience deciding to purchase the LW. Check it out.

·
Registered
76 Posts

View attachment 589

View attachment 590

View attachment 588

View attachment 591

View attachment 592

Zac
Congratulations @apollozac! Welcome to the forum! Have you gotten any reactions from people since you took delivery? So many people still don't know that Harley makes a bike like this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congratulations @apollozac! Welcome to the forum! Have you gotten any reactions from people since you took delivery? So many people still don't know that Harley makes a bike like this.
Oh absolutely. Harley riders here tend to know about LiveWire but haven't seen one in the wild, and everyone else here has no idea EV bikes exist. It feels like being in the 80s and having a smartphone from 2021.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts