Livewire Forums banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi All
I picked up my Livewire in August last year and have done about 5800km (3600 miles) so far and am thoroughly enjoying it.
The Livewire would have to be one of the best bikes i have had for commuting to work on and my trips to the petrol/gas stations are less frequent.
I am form Perth Western Australia.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
1 Posts
Less than 2 weeks. About 350miles so far. It’s used as my commuter to work and errands. I’ve concluded that I’m not gonna be riding with others too often based on range. But that’s not why I Got one.
So far I’ve been adjusting preload front and rear to suit my taste, added the low profile seat, waterproof backpack, and a second level 1 Charge cable (Amazon). Amazing how you can ride this bike down to 1% without a limp mode.

View attachment 354
Nice Porsche

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi All
I picked up my Livewire in August last year and have done about 5800km (3600 miles) so far and am thoroughly enjoying it.
The Livewire would have to be one of the best bikes i have had for commuting to work on and my trips to the petrol/gas stations are less frequent.
I am form Perth Western Australia.
View attachment 911
Congrats @Arron! How long is your ride when you use it to commute to work? What's the longest trip you've taken?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congrats @Arron! How long is your ride when you use it to commute to work? What's the longest trip you've taken?
Hi Bobby77
My work commute is about 46km or 28 1/2 miles round trip , and about 16-18% battery.
I haven't tried any longer ride yet , but I haven't had a day out on a bike in a long time until yesterday.
The ride I did yesterday was about 190km - 119 miles round trip , but unfortunately the only dc fast charging point near the destination was a little out of the way and from the reviews was out of order more often than not.
The charging infrastructure In this part of the world is getting better but from what I can see it's still not at the point where I can do a day ride and not worry about getting stuck without being able to charge.
I used the 696 Monster I have

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys! Newish owner here… love this bike. Bought it after watching long way up also.

Comments:

Its funny reading things from haters that have zero practical experience with a Livewire. I have 3 EVs and nothing is any more or less annoying about this bike than any other EV. I use it to commute mostly so I just plug any of the open charges avail in my garage.

I’m not a fan of brake regen because it makes me lazy about being ‘ready’ on the brakes. I wish it was touch screen cause I’m not a fan of Nintendo combinations with controls to reset things I screw up.

Other than that only issue is the wife, too fast, no pipes to hear me… “you have a new born what were you thinking etc”

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey y’all! My name is Rian and live just outside of Atlanta. I have been commuting regularly on three Italian superbikes over the past few years and if any of you know about Atlanta traffic well… it blows and if any of you know what its like to be stuck in traffic on a Ducati well….. it really sucks. So I decided to give the exotics a little bit of rest except on the weekends and I bought a 2020 ELW. I have loved the Livewire since first laying eyes on it (except for the tire hugger) and when I rode one for the first time, i knew it was the proper tool i need to cut through traffic and save on expensive fuel. Only had it for about 24 hours but im looking forward to starting the 50 mile commute starting Monday morning. Also going to have my girlfriend use it on the weekends while i ride one of my others so we can ride together. Im not sure if she will ever understand the concept of a transmission and clutch.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey everyone, I'm Tim from Ontario, Canada (about 2 hours east of Toronto - straight north from Rochester, NY across the lake). I've currently got a Zero SR, but I test rode a LiveWire yesterday and I'm seriously thinking about trading up. My biggest issue at the moment is the lack of luggage options. A lot of my riding is for work; I do site visits and inspections as a structural engineer. I often stay overnight, do about 350-400kms a day. It's easy right now with my Zero, because I've got L2 charging and there are lots of those around. And I've got a full set of Givi luggage (side bags/top case). There's no way my wife will get on a bike like the LW without some kind of top case or back rest, and that's a deal breaker for sure. Anyone seen a decent option for lockable hard bags and a top case? Windscreen? Or is this bike just not set up for my style of riding?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey everyone, I'm Tim from Ontario, Canada (about 2 hours east of Toronto - straight north from Rochester, NY across the lake). I've currently got a Zero SR, but I test rode a LiveWire yesterday and I'm seriously thinking about trading up. My biggest issue at the moment is the lack of luggage options. A lot of my riding is for work; I do site visits and inspections as a structural engineer. I often stay overnight, do about 350-400kms a day. It's easy right now with my Zero, because I've got L2 charging and there are lots of those around. And I've got a full set of Givi luggage (side bags/top case). There's no way my wife will get on a bike like the LW without some kind of top case or back rest, and that's a deal breaker for sure. Anyone seen a decent option for lockable hard bags and a top case? Windscreen? Or is this bike just not set up for my style of riding?
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Well, I went for it. The dealer gave me good value for my trade-in and dropped the price of the LW even more. So I am now a proud member of the H.O.G.! Full warranty started yesterday afternoon when I picked it up. Very happy so far!
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi - I joined to learn more about the Livewire as I am seriously considering one. There is a lot I really like about it. I have been riding for 50 years and deep into electric vehicles. I am trying to understand the gotchas that might be an issue for me. I am going on a test ride today. I'll post some of my questions in the appropriate forum.

I am a big EV lover and currently have 3 EVs now and another on order. I am also considering 2 other electric motorcycle companies. I am interested in the Zero SR/S and an Energica Ribelle, Experia, or Ego.

A lot of interesting things about the Livewire but trying to understand their engineering decisions and how they will impact me such as no L2 charging. Well it has L2 but at the L1 rate...

·
Registered
2020 H-D LiveWire
55 Posts
Hi - I joined to learn more about the Livewire as I am seriously considering one. There is a lot I really like about it. I have been riding for 50 years and deep into electric vehicles. I am trying to understand the gotchas that might be an issue for me. I am going on a test ride today. I'll post some of my questions in the appropriate forum.

I am a big EV lover and currently have 3 EVs now and another on order. I am also considering 2 other electric motorcycle companies. I am interested in the Zero SR/S and an Energica Ribelle, Experia, or Ego.

A lot of interesting things about the Livewire but trying to understand their engineering decisions and how they will impact me such as no L2 charging. Well it has L2 but at the L1 rate...
DK what specific questions you have but since you mentioned gotchas, my biggest ones have been the poor stock mirrors (see my post in another thread for my frankensolution with 2 sets of extensions) and only getting about 70 miles of range on the interstate. I consistently get 120+ miles on back roads and city streets. 95%+ of my charging is L1 at home with the occasional L3 when I’m “touring”. I do still have a H-D Street Glide Special for long distance touring so the ELW is used primarily for donking around and spirited jaunts.

I’m in my second season with my 2020 ELW and I’m absolutely loving it! My wife and I also have an Audi etron so EVs are nothing new to me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi to everyone.
Since a long time, I'm interesting to be part of this free world of biking...
I'm a sailor. Working half a year at sea, and free on those seas and oceans.
In land, I've got a Prius as a car, for two people.
I'm happy with this, because I believe on hybrid and electric technology.
And since electric bike is coming in this world, I'm more and more interested.

I am actually taking all the course to have my bike license.

I'm living since 6 years in Quebec, CANADA. And the scenary here, make me think about buying a bike.

And now, I'm here. I am at this (sooooo little) to buy the amazing Harley Davidson Livewire.
I had the chance to ride it for a little. And whaou... I'm sold.

Thanks to everyone. And I will keep in touch...
I love to have your advice.

Yes, it will be my first bike.

Adam

41 - 56 of 56 Posts