Livewire Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the Harley-Davidson Pan America pannier racks on my LiveWire. It was a little challenging, but nothing a torch (US version), channel lock pliers, drill, and elbow grease couldn't fix. I'll be sure to post final pictures once the project is complete.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Can't wait to see the final product.

How do you like the Corbin? Is it thicker or thinner than stock? I would like a bit more leg room and a taller seat might give me that. In general I think the stock seat is atrocious anyway so looking to swap it out.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't wait to see the final product.

How do you like the Corbin? Is it thicker or thinner than stock? I would like a bit more leg room and a taller seat might give me that. In general I think the stock seat is atrocious anyway so looking to swap it out.
It's pretty comfy. Compared to the stock seat with an air hawk, it doesn't cause hot spots as soon. I had some footage drops fabricated recently that move the footage position back an inch and down 2 inches. Waiting on my dealer to extend the master cylinder cable and brake fluid line - I could make them available for anyone interested. Stock seat sucks for sure!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome work! Great engineering. Wonder if the frame can get closer to the seat for less drag. I think it will be safe for the case/bag from hitting the swing arm, unless you doing off road big jump.
Thanks! They left side is pretty close, however the right isn’t because of the pan america exhaust location. If I were the welding type, that could have been done! Will see what it looks like with soft bags on, however for adventure riding, aerodynamics are less of a concern since speeds are lower

·
Registered
232 Posts
position back an inch and down 2 inches.
Why back? I would think forward would be better for off road riding? I stand up a lot as I live in a sea of speed humps and it seems a very awkward stance hitched over. Bike has a very long front center as we would say in the mt bike world.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
position back an inch and down 2 inches.
Why back? I would think forward would be better for off road riding? I stand up a lot as I live in a sea of speed humps and it seems a very awkward stance hitched over. Bike has a very long front center as we would say in the mt bike world.
Yes, for off road riding. I'm 6'2 and am already over the handlebars when I stand up. Going back and down will pull my shoulders over the tank, a little more stable for trailing.

·
Registered
111 Posts
It's pretty comfy. Compared to the stock seat with an air hawk, it doesn't cause hot spots as soon. I had some footage drops fabricated recently that move the footage position back an inch and down 2 inches. Waiting on my dealer to extend the master cylinder cable and brake fluid line - I could make them available for anyone interested. Stock seat sucks for sure!
Would definitely be interested in getting more leg room.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts