Livewire Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How have you found the experience of pushing around the LiveWire, particularly if you need to pull it backwards up a slight slope?

I expect the feature of parking mode with reverse will be added at some point. Electric motor makes it pretty easy to add.

Energica and Zero owners who have that feature say it is a lifesaver.

· Registered
1 Posts
How have you found the experience of pushing around the LiveWire, particularly if you need to pull it backwards up a slight slope?

I expect the feature of parking mode with reverse will be added at some point. Electric motor makes it pretty easy to add.

I've had motorcycles much heavier than the Livewire (including Goldwings with no reverse) and its never been an issue with a little forethought. I currently park my Livewire in a rock/gravel parking lot and have to back out with a slight incline.......no issue.

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had motorcycles much heavier than the Livewire (including Goldwings with no reverse) and its never been an issue with a little forethought. I currently park my Livewire in a rock/gravel parking lot and have to back out with a slight incline.......no issue.
Interesting. My garage is tight and I always struggle. Need to hit the gym more!

· Super Moderator
399 Posts
Yeah I typically move it around my garage all time and often push it out before starting it. I have a steep hill down in to my garage but it will move up it generally. Lots of good video's typically of big Harleys about how it is done properly. I would prefer an emergency brake option though. Velcro strap is pretty low end solution.

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I typically move it around my garage all time and often push it out before starting it. I have a steep hill down in to my garage but it will move up it generally. Lots of good video's typically of big Harleys about how it is done properly. I would prefer an emergency brake option though. Velcro strap is pretty low end solution.
Glad to hear it is not a deal breaker.

· Super Moderator
399 Posts
Though it would make sense. I imagine there are two issues software and user interface. The latter might have been where the cost was. I imagine a decent amount of cost went into sorting that on the bike. Not that you would know it from the traction control interface.

· Registered
221 Posts
I am a pretty big guy. At times I wish it had reverse as well as some of my other bikes. I think the issue with the LW is that it doesn't really totally freewheel. There is always some resistance due to the motor design. If I could add reverse for a couple hundred as an option, I'd do it in a second.

I've had a few situations where I had to park and it was a challenge to get the bike back out. Or at the end of a day and maybe where I am more tired. Getting it out of my garage is always a pain as I have to navigate it around a few bikes while backing it up. Reverse would be awesome here. This isn't a knock just on the LW but it would help a lot of my bikes in the garage. My Africa Twin or K1600 are probably the worst to deal with backing up. The Africa Twin is tall and the K1600 pretty heavy.

· Super Moderator
399 Posts
You always have the worst problems.

I am a pretty big guy. At times I wish it had reverse as well as some of my other bikes. I think the issue with the LW is that it doesn't really totally freewheel. There is always some resistance due to the motor design. If I could add reverse for a couple hundred as an option, I'd do it in a second.

I've had a few situations where I had to park and it was a challenge to get the bike back out. Or at the end of a day and maybe where I am more tired. Getting it out of my garage is always a pain as I have to navigate it around a few bikes while backing it up. Reverse would be awesome here. This isn't a knock just on the LW but it would help a lot of my bikes in the garage. My Africa Twin or K1600 are probably the worst to deal with backing up. The Africa Twin is tall and the K1600 pretty heavy.

· Registered
221 Posts
Keeps life interesting. I have to say that the LW is one of my favorite bikes I've ever owned. I've probably owned over 200 bikes by now in my 50+ years of riding. They should have a 12 step program for motorcycle addiction...

I was thinking on needed one of the LWing screens like you have. I went for a ride yesterday as the temps were pretty close to freezing but the roads were still good and damn the bike was cold. Lack of heated grips is a real impact to ride comfort to put it mildly. They really can extend my riding season a lot.

· Super Moderator
399 Posts
Message me if you want the part numbers and measurements for the stays. I think you can do it with a single kit. If not I might have the spare parts to hook you up.

It was kinda mad as I ended up paying gigi for 2 bar adapters in a kit for $70. And have a whole ton of extras. But could have gone another way. The cost of building the original LWing.

Keeps life interesting. I have to say that the LW is one of my favorite bikes I've ever owned. I've probably owned over 200 bikes by now in my 50+ years of riding. They should have a 12 step program for motorcycle addiction...

I was thinking on needed one of the LWing screens like you have. I went for a ride yesterday as the temps were pretty close to freezing but the roads were still good and damn the bike was cold. Lack of heated grips is a real impact to ride comfort to put it mildly. They really can extend my riding season a lot.

· Registered
221 Posts
I'll message you. I may do a summer and winter setup. It was 9F when I woke up today. Roads were dry but we had some snow yesterday but didn't really stick.

A lot of ice on the roads from likely pipes bursting from the way some of the water seemed to be flowing from houses. It might be back above freezing to stay for at least a while sometime after Christmas day.

· Registered
120 Posts

You can buy the HD wiring harness to get a 12v power supply for heated grips, although I recently went through and had to re-run the handlebar wiring, and it's kind of a pain. However I now have a pan America front end with bar risers - just need to get the brake line extended.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts