Livewire Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First new motorcycle and certainly jumping up a lot in weight and performance. Hoping to find connections around getting better at riding it well. Intent to use it as my primary around town transport in Portland OR as long as it isn't freezing. Have ridden sport bikes and rented a Harley's in the past. Recently moved a bit further out of the city center then makes sense to bicycle. But the savings from driving my van will pay for most of this bike.

· Registered
2020, Harley Davidson LiveWire
285 Posts
pay close attention to that throttle.

In sport mode, if you rip that on the first go, it'll throw you off the bike if you're not holding on tight!
many new riders (to this bike or similar) like to use the "leaf" mode to get used to it and dial it in when they are more familiar with it.

· Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Totally I demo'd it on rain mode and was like uh... sketchy... Gonna set it as low as possible and get a lot of practice time in. I am not even gonna try sport mode for a few months.

· Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pay close attention to that throttle.

In sport mode, if you rip that on the first go, it'll throw you off the bike if you're not holding on tight!
many new riders (to this bike or similar) like to use the "leaf" mode to get used to it and dial it in when they are more familiar with it.
My GSXR was like this but it sort of spooled up bit so you had a sec to get ready.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts