Livewire Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well folks:

I finally picked up my 2020 Livewire Orange Fuse. I purchased it from Vancouver and had it shipped to Toronto.

When I picked up the bike I was not given an owners manual.

I went on line but cannot seem to be able to find out how to find if there is a security PIN already programmed into the bike and if so what is it.

Secondly I would like to know how to set it to a different number that I prefer.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Bill Kemp

·
Registered
2020 H-D LiveWire
68 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I went to the bike and there was no PIN number assigned to it.

I guess when the dealership did a safety inspection on it they cleared any preset code. I just went into the menu and followed the procedure and set my new code

Then I took the keys in side and tried the new code. The bike worked perfectly fir me.

Thanks a bunch.

I do have another question about charging the little battery. There is a charging cord that is by the battery that looks like you attach a small charger to. Is that what is used to charge the battery by itself if you need to charge it separate from the big battery?

·
Registered
2020 H-D LiveWire
68 Posts
Well I went to the bike and there was no PIN number assigned to it.

I guess when the dealership did a safety inspection on it they cleared any preset code. I just went into the menu and followed the procedure and set my new code

Then I took the keys in side and tried the new code. The bike worked perfectly fir me.

Thanks a bunch.

I do have another question about charging the little battery. There is a charging cord that is by the battery that looks like you attach a small charger to. Is that what is used to charge the battery by itself if you need to charge it separate from the big battery?
If it is, then it’s an add-on part (hard to know without seeing it). I was advised NOT to use a charger/tender on the 12 volt battery despite the horror stories I’ve read here. I was told that as long as I keep the RESS between 20% and 80% charged (when stored), the bike is programmed to maintain the 12v battery’s charge from the RESS. I don’t know if using a charger/tender on the 12v would have an impact on the warranty — proceed cautiously!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a torx set being delivered tomorrow so I can use it on the livewire. I have never needed a torx driver set until now.

I am going to take this charge cord off the livewire and install it on either my 1975 Honda CB750 or my 1980 Honda CBX. Might as well use it to trickle charge those batteries and bring the livewire back to stock.

·
Registered
2020 H-D LiveWire
68 Posts
I have a torx set being delivered tomorrow so I can use it on the livewire. I have never needed a torx driver set until now.

I am going to take this charge cord off the livewire and install it on either my 1975 Honda CB750 or my 1980 Honda CBX. Might as well use it to trickle charge those batteries and bring the livewire back to stock.
It can be used for a trickle charger but the third lead makes me think it’s also for a 12v accessory like a seat heater or heated clothes. Go ahead and move it if it’s useful on another bike. Just remember to keep the RESS up to charge if you store the ELW over the winter.

·
Registered
329 Posts

My dealer had dinner the same thing. Idiots. The night battery at 50 will certainly last a winter keeping the little one charged. Also blocked the alarm speaker install.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts