Livewire Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious what the LW does on the lowest power/throttle setting and wondering if it has a significant impact on range.

Do you have enough acceleration to get out of the way of other traffic?

Would you consider it a limp mode of sorts?

Does the manual tell you what percentage of maximum power each level is? Is level 1 10% of full power?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I set my "C" mode to 0% for both just for kicks....now it is what I use for 90% of riding....the other 10% is sport. My C mode will still outperform just about any vehicle I roll up on at a stop light

·
Registered
81 Posts
I set my "C" mode to 0% for both just for kicks....now it is what I use for 90% of riding....the other 10% is sport. My C mode will still outperform just about any vehicle I roll up on at a stop light
Can you tell a marked difference between Sport and your "C" Mode regarding battery life?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Curious what the LW does on the lowest power/throttle setting and wondering if it has a significant impact on range.

Do you have enough acceleration to get out of the way of other traffic?

Would you consider it a limp mode of sorts?

Does the manual tell you what percentage of maximum power each level is? Is level 1 10% of full power?
Different mode settings from factory:

%POWER %REGEN. %THROTTLE TRACTION CONTROL

ROAD: 80 30 55 MEDIUM

RAIN: 0 15 30 LOW

RANGE (ECO): 40 80 55 MEDIUM

SPORT: 100 80 80 HIGH

·
Registered
51 Posts
Can you tell a marked difference between Sport and your "C" Mode regarding battery life?
I have had it give me a range north of 140 miles (and on the screen that shows max/min, it has gone up to around 180 miles)....but I lack the will power to test it out. I end up dropping it in sport at some point and just launching, or end up taking a short-cut on the highway and there is no conserving batter on the highway in my experience

·
Registered
81 Posts
Good info, and same experience at highway speeds. I seem locked into about a 90-100 mile range with roads I travel.
That's interesting that Rain mode is at 0 power. Feels like it. Would not have guessed rain traction control is Low.
Think my revised "A" mode will be 80-80-80-Med. Thanks for the info guys!

·
Registered
81 Posts
On the battery life topic, I can't find anything on the headlight power requirements for low vs high beam. I like riding with the high beam on, but I'm not sure what that's doing to my battery life? You guys find information well, so I thought maybe someone knows this as well?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good info, and same experience at highway speeds. I seem locked into about a 90-100 mile range with roads I travel.
That's interesting that Rain mode is at 0 power. Feels like it. Would not have guessed rain traction control is Low.
Think my revised "A" mode will be 80-80-80-Med. Thanks for the info guys!
Low setting means low level of slippage
High setting means high level of slippage.

kind of opposite of what you would think. Thus makes sense that Rain is on Low.

manual page 79

·
Registered
81 Posts
Low setting means low level of slippage
High setting means high level of slippage.

kind of opposite of what you would think. Thus makes sense that Rain is on Low.

manual page 79
Thanks! That is EXACTLY opposite of what I was thinking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts