Livewire Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I’m very seriously considering buying a livewire, been negotiating with my dealer..I’m seeing pretty major discounts at some dealers and not at others. Was wondering what you guys think a great deal on a leftover 2020 would be? Thanks so much

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hello, I’m very seriously considering buying a livewire, been negotiating with my dealer..I’m seeing pretty major discounts at some dealers and not at others. Was wondering what you guys think a great deal on a leftover 2020 would be? Thanks so much
20k or lower OTD would be great. Remember an Energica can be bought for that price or a little higher and the Energica runs circles around the LW.

·
Registered
88 Posts
One notable positive for Energica is the expansion of batteries. They claim to have developed a larger and lighter battery for the newest models. These claims need to be tested, of course. But I like the idea Tesla, Energica, Harley, and many others are driving the development of better batteries. If Harley develops an aggressive battery replacement/upgrade program, they will maintain a happy Livewire owner in me.

As for the speeds Energica has posted, I believe Angelle Sampey still holds the record for elapsed time and top speed by an electric-powered production motorcycle on a drag racing course, specifically the 1/8th and 1/4mile on the Livewire. I've not seen anyone officially break that record, not yet.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Livermore, CA HD has a 2020 with only 13 miles for sale at $18,900.

·
Registered
282 Posts
One notable positive for Energica is the expansion of batteries. They claim to have developed a larger and lighter battery for the newest models. These claims need to be tested, of course. But I like the idea Tesla, Energica, Harley, and many others are driving the development of better batteries. If Harley develops an aggressive battery replacement/upgrade program, they will maintain a happy Livewire owner in me.

As for the speeds Energica has posted, I believe Angelle Sampey still holds the record for elapsed time and top speed by an electric-powered production motorcycle on a drag racing course, specifically the 1/8th and 1/4mile on the Livewire. I've not seen anyone officially break that record, not yet.
Sampey's records were broken by an Energica EGO a month later. Harley is so tried of losing races to Indian, and they see Energica coming, that Harley has dropped out of racing altogether, Sampey's 1/8th mile run was 7.017 while the EGO's run was 6.905. The Energica's 0-60 time is 2.6 seconds.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts