Livewire Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I’m very seriously considering buying a livewire, been negotiating with my dealer..I’m seeing pretty major discounts at some dealers and not at others. Was wondering what you guys think a great deal on a leftover 2020 would be? Thanks so much

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hello, I’m very seriously considering buying a livewire, been negotiating with my dealer..I’m seeing pretty major discounts at some dealers and not at others. Was wondering what you guys think a great deal on a leftover 2020 would be? Thanks so much
20k or lower OTD would be great. Remember an Energica can be bought for that price or a little higher and the Energica runs circles around the LW.

·
Registered
122 Posts
One notable positive for Energica is the expansion of batteries. They claim to have developed a larger and lighter battery for the newest models. These claims need to be tested, of course. But I like the idea Tesla, Energica, Harley, and many others are driving the development of better batteries. If Harley develops an aggressive battery replacement/upgrade program, they will maintain a happy Livewire owner in me.

As for the speeds Energica has posted, I believe Angelle Sampey still holds the record for elapsed time and top speed by an electric-powered production motorcycle on a drag racing course, specifically the 1/8th and 1/4mile on the Livewire. I've not seen anyone officially break that record, not yet.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Livermore, CA HD has a 2020 with only 13 miles for sale at $18,900.

·
Registered
284 Posts
One notable positive for Energica is the expansion of batteries. They claim to have developed a larger and lighter battery for the newest models. These claims need to be tested, of course. But I like the idea Tesla, Energica, Harley, and many others are driving the development of better batteries. If Harley develops an aggressive battery replacement/upgrade program, they will maintain a happy Livewire owner in me.

As for the speeds Energica has posted, I believe Angelle Sampey still holds the record for elapsed time and top speed by an electric-powered production motorcycle on a drag racing course, specifically the 1/8th and 1/4mile on the Livewire. I've not seen anyone officially break that record, not yet.
Sampey's records were broken by an Energica EGO a month later. Harley is so tried of losing races to Indian, and they see Energica coming, that Harley has dropped out of racing altogether, Sampey's 1/8th mile run was 7.017 while the EGO's run was 6.905. The Energica's 0-60 time is 2.6 seconds.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
I went to my HD Livewire dealer in Victoria BC today and they post this all over the store:

Here in BC the provincial government grants $2000 on a new Livewire, and I actually paid substantially less than the $28350 Canadian. There is also cheap financing and instant trade credit available. While my price might have been a one-off, substantial discounts from Harley’s MSRP are to be had.
The sales manager told me that they must not advertise these offers...
Good luck hunting.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sampey's records were broken by an Energica EGO a month later. Harley is so tried of losing races to Indian, and they see Energica coming, that Harley has dropped out of racing altogether, Sampey's 1/8th mile run was 7.017 while the EGO's run was 6.905. The Energica's 0-60 time is 2.6 seconds.
Mike, that's both amazing and extremely promising that EV technology is developing much faster than I anticipated. The developments are becoming almost exponential. And those are awesome times! Really, all of them. I took off from a light the other day with all traction control off at 100% power and full throttle, and the bike literally launched. I had to put down a leg to catch the landing. It was scary, to be honest. Buddy riding with me thought I was going to lose it. I really can't imagine riding a faster motorcycle (0-60 mph) than the LW. I'm back on traction control, and I've pulled the power down to 80%. It's a family problem. My uncle was a long-time professional motorcycle racer, mostly in Europe.

As for HD dropping out of racing altogether, we'll see. Harley never branded itself as a racing motorcycle company. I suspect they may have been surprised how fast the Livewire was when they first developed it. For me, the Livewire is plenty fast enough.

Speed aside, I really hope the next generation of batteries takes us much further. And Mike, with you having that awesome saddle, I'd think you'd like a lot more range as well. I'm still one the production saddle. 100 miles and I want off, for at least a few minutes.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hope I'm not hijacking the thread.

I like my Harleys most especially the LiveWire - all of them have been fun to ride and reliable: none have (yet) left me stranded by the roadside even on literally transcontinental rides (LA to Key West, Phoenix to Daytona etc.) I can't say the same for 2 of my past 5 V8 bikes :) But I've never ridden any motorcycle in over half a century that I could take all the way to all its limits, so racing pedigree is not so important to me as perhaps to others.

...but back to the point, which is - had Energica (and possibly Zero) had dealer support in NZ, I might have gone for one of them; probably not Zero as they seemed profoundly disinterested when they heard I was in NZ and was asking what tech support they could or would provide if I imported privately. Bearing in mind I was looking at a new Zero at that time. Energica still have no presence here other than private imports. Nor even in Australia : the closest is in Indonesia (and I stopped working in Jakarta 21 years ago!)

...but perhaps (am I being unfair) are Energica a little like Ducati / MV Agusta: i.e. lovely bikes and very fast but neither the bikes nor the manufacturer go out of their way to support high-mile riders and aftermarket mods and accessories. Still, if / when Energica open a dealership in NZ then as long as it is in the North Island I would be very interested. Right now I remain entirely happy on the LW. And as I've said before, I do not mind at all having a scarce and desirable-looking high-tech bike to do errands on haha.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Oldun, it's more likely I hijacked this thread. But it's very interesting. I like to learn, and the sharing on this site is really cool. For what it's worth, I love my Livewire! But I would like a battery upgrade in a few years that gets me 200+ miles on the highway, if possible? If that happens, I'm buying a Corbin saddle like Mike's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts