Livewire Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Puig Trend Universal windscreen seamlessly blends with the styling of the Livewire. People think its part of the stock design right out of the box (and mounted correctly). Makes a huge difference - making the ride so much more enjoyable wind noise wise. I chose the dark smoke version - but most of the time it looks opaque black and matches the polish of the black standard fittings.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

I needed better rear visibility, so originally had retrofit an HD extender which did not match the style of the bike. I was able to locate two Rizoma extender kits (two separate kits) which I combined with the Rizoma mirrors for this result. I had to bore-out one part and shorten the couplings and used the original Harley bullet end bolt. I turned out pretty slick "in my view" and really makes a huge difference.
Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design
Mirror Automotive lighting Light Automotive tire Motor vehicle

I added the Denali S4 fog lights with amber dual focus lenses. 8k Lumens of you can see me now. Mounted with a standard bracket to one of the plastic induction trim mounting bolts. I used the hi low switch and the Harley Davidson wiring kit. I had it installed at the dealership. The lights work great for visibility and the heat sink blades look perfect with the heat sink blades of the Livewire.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Sky Tire Wheel Motorcycle Automotive lighting

Here you can see both lights. I use them all the time when riding - usually on bright and have not noticed any loss of range. Nice overall shot showing the faring - which looks like it was made for the livewire, the lights and the mirror extensions.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 H-D LiveWire
19 Posts
Happy to help. I can take some close ups of the bracket position and orientation and measure the location of the mounting points etc. Also the length of the support posts which I trimmed. Back to this discussionstring soon.
Much appreciated! I’d also appreciate the part numbers for the mirror extensions, please.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks great I would definitely be interested in the details for the windscreen too.
Must be nice to have a dealership that will do anything too your LiveWire. All mine will say is not supported by the motor company and will void your warranty.
I am not even sure that’s the case. Seems to me they just don’t want to do anything but recommended service.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Much appreciated! I’d also appreciate the part numbers for the mirror extensions, please.
This is one kit:

Tool Bicycle part Auto part Metal Composite material

The parts can be found at Motowheels.com. You need 2 sets
RIZOMA MOUNTING ADAPTER FOR RIZOMA MIRROR ON BMW & HARLEY DAVIDSON

SKU:BS714B - BS714B

My assembly:
Bicycle part Bicycle accessory Nickel Auto part Electric blue

Mainly used from the first kit is the black tube extender from this kit. I modified/shortened the black tube/extender to 19mm - keeping the flanged end and used horizontally in my assembly, to fit the end of the Rizoma mirror threaded end. The length and threads are just right. The trimmed extender bushes up to the diameter of the Rizoma mirror threaded lower shaft perfectly as you can see. I also had to enlarge the opening ID on one of the parts (I cant remember which but its obvious in the process) to accept the diameter of the Rozoma mirror shaft in the assembly. I added lock washers and black painted metal washers.

I finished it off with parts from a second very similar kit, using the main brackets and caps and also some washers. I used one of the long screws to reach down into the hole for mounting the mirrors on the handlebar assembly, and I had to find a matching black nut for that mounting for the underside. Between the two kits and the original HD mirror bullet end nuts I had all the bits I needed but those two black nuts.

The second similar kit for parts is sold at Revzilla had a better angle and matching plastic cap for the main bracket:
Item: P400267 SKU: 1849964

Human body Rectangle Font Magenta Art

I landed up with one extra set of the main bracket parts but for the price and convenience it was worth hacking the solution together. It extended the mirrors up and out perfectly.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sweet! Any specific tips on mounting the windshield?
This is the orientation of the mounts etc. I followed the instructions for the most part. The mounting shaft here is cut to 98mm from the base of the ball joint to the end - then the plastic caps are replaced. This length allowed for some adjustment to this position without the shafts reaching past the handle bars. I can still modify positions later if desired with this length and set up. It took awhile to get it all symmetrical with everything set firm but not too tight. I was able to shift bits into place then lock it all down. I find that slowly tightening all the various screws took awhile - and difficult to reach - but has worked well and after now about 300 miles of riding there has been no slipping of any parts.

Hood Camera lens Camera Video camera Vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Vehicle

Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Tire Motor vehicle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts