Livewire Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm very interested in luggage options; hard cases, ideally. But for the moment I'm trying to figure out how to use a set of soft bags my father-in-law had lying around. Any tips on holding them out of the way of the swing arm without actually creating a rack system would be appreciated.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice. I was wondering about that too. I don't want or need to maintain two up riding so some kind of saddlebags with enough structure would work for me. But I do need rain proof. Rain covers aren't great if you are using them all the time anyway.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I haven't seen any hard case options for the LiveWire, but I have seen concepts that 'should' work based on similar pillion/swing arm set ups. Shad makes a set for the Ducati Diavel, and I've also seen some Givi rack systems for Yamaha sport bikes that seem like they could work on an ELW. I reached out to both Givi and Shad and they both said they haven't made anything for the ELW and they don't advise putting their products on a bike that they weren't specifically designed for.

So - if nothing else comes along this season, I'm going to talk with a few local machinists/millwrights that fabricate all kinds of metal assemblies. Maybe we can come up with something open source that other ELW owners could use. I just don't want it to be butt-ugly since the bike itself is really gorgeous (in my opinion).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I might join in on that if you head down that path. I swear I saw a picture of two bikes fully loaded out of the UK. But now I am wondering if maybe it was from the long way up. I can't bring myself to watch it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It probably was from the "Long way up" show - although I haven't watched that either. But every set of photos I see when I search for LiveWire baggage has one or two shots of Ewan and Charlie - and all of their luggage was soft - no permanent racks added to the bikes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts