Livewire Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that people in the real world actually have Livewires... I'd love to see some posts of what range they are actually getting (in real-world conditions).

Has anyone run their battery down to near-zero yet?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Now that people in the real world actually have Livewires... I'd love to see some posts of what range they are actually getting (in real-world conditions).

It's not a great idea to run a LiIon battery down to near zilch unless you really have to. Most EV people go with the results of many trips experience with their % of battery on their dashboard/screen .

Cheers man.

·
Registered
21 Posts
In the real world, only few people got their hands on this bike!
Most of them are complaining that it is...........
The other who like me have placed an order a long time ago are still waiting...................waiting......................waiting.........
Every other week, a new excuse and it goes on......

·
Registered
42 Posts
In 30* weather I am getting about 85 miles. Still going strong at 5%. And windy.

I expect over 100 miles in summer at combined riding speeds.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Unfortunately, I wont know until April. In my area, I would only be able to ride it once or twice a month until then. I chose to not register it until then so that the warranty wont be unnecessarily activated, or the free HDconnect wont be activated, or the free charging wont be activated.
CD

·
Registered
170 Posts
I've put 500 miles on my Livewire so far in less than a month. Luckily living in SE Texas we ride year round. My longest ride so far was an 87 mile ride at an average speed of 60mph and had an 18% charge still left on the meter. Charging up to 100% on household current took 10 hours 46 minutes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hopefully range stays consistent long enough, like years out till the battery is actually taxed.
Yes, I reckon this is going to be a big factor! If it drops off too quickly then it's definitely not going to be worth the outlay. I wonder at what point a battery replacement—under warranty—would be allowed...?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I went on a 77 mile ride yesterday through the Texas hill country, most of the roads are 60 mph with some elevation changes. Had 20% charge left when I got home, so safe to say 100 miles of sportier riding is very possible. I had the bike in a custom mode, copied sport mode with the throttle sensitivity turned up to 100% from 80%. Haven't even tried eco or road mode yet, it's just too fun with everything turned way up!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I went on a 77 mile ride yesterday through the Texas hill country, most of the roads are 60 mph with some elevation changes. Had 20% charge left when I got home, so safe to say 100 miles of sportier riding is very possible. I had the bike in a custom mode, copied sport mode with the throttle sensitivity turned up to 100% from 80%. Haven't even tried eco or road mode yet, it's just too fun with everything turned way up!
Does changing throttle sensitivity change how far you have to rotate the throttle? I hate long pull throttles and have changed almost every bike I own to quarter turn.
CD

·
Registered
170 Posts
Just got back home from 95 mile ride around Galveston Bay area. Had 11% battery left and took 1hr.5minutes to charge on DC fast charge at HD dealer. Instrument panel showing 130 range after charging. Rode ECO mode at average 55mph.

·
Registered
200 Posts
tracking these numbers on a site like fuelly might be a good idea to show collective numbers in an easy way.

·
Registered
32 Posts

I ran my batter to complete 0 to the point that the bike was doing a complete power save mode in order to get me some propulsion. Then I took it to a evgo Station to see the kWh rate and to take notes on how it dipped as the batteries got to 80%

·
Registered
170 Posts
Using a quick calculation your ride that day would have gotten you a total range of 92 miles.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Using a quick calculation your ride that day would have gotten you a total range of 92 miles.
Plus or minus a few miles, really depends on how you're riding, during my daily commute to work I usually use about 1% per mile on average. I'm happy with the range I'm getting, didn't buy it to go long distances, just for the pure fun of riding the bike. I took it to the drag strip and was pleased with the performance, I'll be doing a few track days as well this year and will see how it does lap after lap.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts