Livewire Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m on my 8th Harley now with the livewire ( along with a sprinkling of Japanese and Italian bikes!), and I have to say that I love my new live wire, it won’t replace my cafe racer but it is so much fun and so easy to use I am very happy with it. Only issue is that it rains a lot in the UK!! .... ALOT. In a year or two I’m sure there will be a tail tidy solution like i had on my Ducati Diavel, but the live wire rear end is growing on me because the bike is so futuristic in design technology, but the stupid hole I; the rear hugger just men’s I get filthy, my neck eventu get wet and cold and all the rad crud gets into the rear seat hinge or the electric cable storage area under the seat, which is dumb. Has anyone sourced and off the shelf blank that fits over the ref hugger hole? Thanks all In advance!

·
Registered
209 Posts
I’m on my 8th Harley now with the livewire ( along with a sprinkling of Japanese and Italian bikes!), and I have to say that I love my new live wire, it won’t replace my cafe racer but it is so much fun and so easy to use I am very happy with it. Only issue is that it rains a lot in the UK!! .... ALOT. In a year or two I’m sure there will be a tail tidy solution like i had on my Ducati Diavel, but the live wire rear end is growing on me because the bike is so futuristic in design technology, but the stupid hole I; the rear hugger just men’s I get filthy, my neck eventu get wet and cold and all the rad crud gets into the rear seat hinge or the electric cable storage area under the seat, which is dumb. Has anyone sourced and off the shelf blank that fits over the ref hugger hole? Thanks all In advance!
I just got a piece of hard rubber and glued it in to cover the hole.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Does the hole even have a function? I cannot figure it. I can get down on the ground and check the tread under the plate. No cooling air can possibly come through that rectangle. What is the excuse for its existence :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Does the hole even have a function? I cannot figure it. I can get down on the ground and check the tread under the plate. No cooling air can possibly come through that rectangle. What is the excuse for its existence :)
No function. It is just a design feature. Same type rear fender on an FXTR. If you do a burnout it does let the smoke out like a chimney.

·
Registered
26 Posts
No function. It is just a design feature. Same type rear fender on an FXTR. If you do a burnout it does let the smoke out like a chimney.
Thank you Mike. I think it lacks function as well as style and will adopt your solution.

·
Registered
58 Posts
That's a great solution, Mike!
In addition to a modification of the fender hole, I think the "tray" under the seat needs an aftermarket version for storage, like a little trunk. If I carry my charging cable anywhere, it's likely going to be in my Jeep as I haul my Livewire to places like the Keys and the Blue Ridge Parkway. Not sure what it would take to retrofit the electrical system of the Jeep to be a charger when driving (2nd alternator?), but that would be cool too.
Regardless, I like your fender solution.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts