Livewire Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2020, Harley Davidson LiveWire
121 Posts
I m still working on this subject, I inform the community that will come back next week with a file .stl for a basic 3Dprinter.
So you can print in ABS and used it as you want with a light sanding and painting or like me use it as a base for epoxy and carbon fiber.
Finally fixed with glue inside the mud guard.

View attachment 535 View attachment 536
Eric, can I pay you for one that has a mod to shoot the water straight back in a flat rail style, slightly high enough to spray an average car windshield?

Kind of "back off or get wet" style!

If not a straight rail (which would be easiest) spray out in a bar and shield!

It'd need to channel the up spray into a funnel that pipes it back out of course.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have one of these on my ICE HD...

...on the '02 Dyna.

Oh, and 2 pairs of two on my ute.

For the LW I think we need something more modern: e.g. a phased plasma rifle in the 400 gigawatt range... it's the only way to be sure. (Classical movie reference).

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have one of these on my ICE HD...

For the LW I think we need something more modern: e.g. a phased plasma rifle in the 400 gigawatt range... it's the only way to be sure. (Classical movie reference).
totally maybe I can light the spray with a led strip so it looks all ray gun! :D

And for responsibility, I'll stick a mesh screen in there so only water comes through. Gotta be "safe". ;)

·
Registered
103 Posts
THANK YOU ERIC!

My Eric-designed and -manufactured custom quality carbon-fiber cut-out rear-fender water-blocker (complete with sensible instructions for the terminally non-tech-gifted) arrived in the mail yesterday as darkness was falling... so naturally I did a midnight install. Looks good! Well done Eric.
Eric's Solution Installed.jpg

·
Registered
Livewire
38 Posts
THANK YOU ERIC!

My Eric-designed and -manufactured custom quality carbon-fiber cut-out rear-fender water-blocker (complete with sensible instructions for the terminally non-tech-gifted) arrived in the mail yesterday as darkness was falling... so naturally I did a midnight install. Looks good! Well done Eric. View attachment 566
(y)(y) Perfect

·
Registered
2 Posts
I m still working on this subject, I inform the community that will come back next week with a file .stl for a basic 3Dprinter.
So you can print in ABS and used it as you want with a light sanding and painting or like me use it as a base for epoxy and carbon fiber.
Finally fixed with glue inside the mud guard.

View attachment 535 View attachment 536
Thanks,
it' has been a long job in fact to obtain this parts, the plaster mold is now out of order for a second epoxy carbon run ( too much cracks..).
So the next steps are to optimise a little bit the shape with the help of cads data guys, including a scan operation then creation of polyester mold to have the possibity to create more easly carbon parts.😅😅 See you in 1 month, 2 ?
Or spending time to create a new plaster mold from my existing negativ plaster mold for a new one shot carbon part...😅. The positiv point is that I still have enought carbon fiber + epoxy resin .
bonjour Eric, got my Livewire two weeks ago and stil super edities! But after a few rainy days in pays-bas I really want to fix the rear fender problem. Do still in proces of designing / creating them? Would be interested if posisible. Au revoir Papin

·
Registered
Livewire
38 Posts
bonjour Eric, got my Livewire two weeks ago and stil super edities! But after a few rainy days in pays-bas I really want to fix the rear fender problem. Do still in proces of designing / creating them? Would be interested if posisible. Au revoir Papin
Hello Papin, I think I ve one in stock from this carbon fab period ! mat vernish finish; ok for 80 eu + logistic cost from France on my side. are you located in Netherland ? Pay pal is and easy solutuion I think. Eric

·
Registered
121 Posts
This shyny black painting was already done when I bought my LW. Done in France. I can ask my dealer who do it if interresting.
Thanks. I was just more curious. I'm in the US. I just got a shorty fender, so I considered smoothing it out (a 3D print) and painting it at least a nice black. I don't really want it to stand out... but would like it to appear nicer than a 3D print. *kinda rough

·
Registered
103 Posts
One way to resolve the rear fender cutout issue (but I prefer my Eric-modified one...)

·
Registered
Livewire
38 Posts
One way to resolve the rear fender cutout issue (but I prefer my Eric-modified one...)

Live wire is really fully compatible with creating custom, a professionnal job on this one, thanks for the sharing (y) :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Papin, I think I ve one in stock from this carbon fab period ! mat vernish finish; ok for 80 eu + logistic cost from France on my side. are you located in Netherland ? Pay pal is and easy solutuion I think. Eric
Oke, super, i have te create PayPal first and then i get back to you. For now this is my quick fix. Looks good but i don’t know of it will last

Attachments

·
Registered
Livewire
38 Posts
Oke, super, i have te create PayPal first and then i get back to you. For now this is my quick fix. Looks good but i don’t know of it will last
shape and merging are ok with your version; interresting to know which material is it ? from roofing parts ?

·
Registered
Livewire
38 Posts
Problem solved on the new Live wire today reveal :

But Is there still a tire behind this fender ?;)

21 - 37 of 37 Posts